Waveney Probus Ladies Club
Chairman Jean Forbes welcomed members to the meeting held at the RAOB Club, Gordon Road, on September 22. Chris Parfitt showed many slides of his visit to Bhutan, a country of valleys, mountains and trees.
Chairman Jean Forbes welcomed members to the meeting held at the RAOB Club, Gordon Road, on September 22. Chris Parfitt showed many slides of his visit to Bhutan, a country of valleys, mountains and trees. To travel from valley to valley meant climbing the mountains in between on single track roads. On the terraces rice, peaches and asparagus were grown. All buildings must be constructed in the traditional style and the inhabitants all wore traditional dress. Mr Parfitt had visited in spring time for the flowers and showed magnolias and rhododendrons. He also brought examples of woven textiles and prayer flags. Barbara Bowler thanked Mr Parfitt for his interesting presentation.
At the next meeting on October 13 John Parker will speak about Debra.
For more information about the club call 01502 560256.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Air ambulance responds to woman in 20s after emergency in Lowestoft
- 2 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 3 'Suspicious' sighting in the sea sparks late night response in Lowestoft
- 4 Sniffer dogs find thousands of illegal cigarettes under manhole cover
- 5 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 6 Burglar attempts to rob store with metal bar as weapon
- 7 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 8 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 9 New book shines 'the spotlight' on coastal town's past and present
- 10 Two men bailed in connection with firearm offences