Waveney Probus Ladies Club
Chairman Jean Forbes welcomed members to the meeting held at the RAOB Club, Gordon Road, on September 22. Chris Parfitt showed many slides of his visit to Bhutan, a country of valleys, mountains and trees.
Chairman Jean Forbes welcomed members to the meeting held at the RAOB Club, Gordon Road, on September 22. Chris Parfitt showed many slides of his visit to Bhutan, a country of valleys, mountains and trees. To travel from valley to valley meant climbing the mountains in between on single track roads. On the terraces rice, peaches and asparagus were grown. All buildings must be constructed in the traditional style and the inhabitants all wore traditional dress. Mr Parfitt had visited in spring time for the flowers and showed magnolias and rhododendrons. He also brought examples of woven textiles and prayer flags. Barbara Bowler thanked Mr Parfitt for his interesting presentation.
At the next meeting on October 13 John Parker will speak about Debra.
For more information about the club call 01502 560256.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 2 Man suffers broken leg in serious crash on A12
- 3 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 4 'A true icon': England legend unveils sports hall at former school
- 5 Thieves steal Range Rover from street in Lowestoft
- 6 Hunt for man wanted for assaults in Lowestoft
- 7 Person taken to hospital after being rescued from boat
- 8 Refurbished seafront toilet block set on fire in vandalism spree
- 9 'Little soldier' Drew fighting extremely rare muscle condition
- 10 'Don't ask, don't get' - Town council says no to Lowestoft city status bid