Ramblers stepping out for some healthy walks
- Credit: EDP, Archant
The Waveney and District Group of the Ramblers have two walks coming up in the week ahead.
On Sunday, May 6, at 10.15am, a 10-mile Harwich to Mistley linear walk will be held.
Meet at Mistley rail station to catch the 10.30am train to Harwich for a walk that includes a picnic lunch. Call 01502 475188 for further details.
Next Wednesday, May 9 a five-mile walk will be held in the Wissett and Rumburgh area.
Meet at Wissett village car park, by St Andrew's Church, at 10.30am. Back to the Wissett Plough PH or Rumburgh Buck PH afterwards. Call 01986 893023 for further details.
You may also want to watch:
The Ramblers Walk About Britain festival of walks will be held in May and June, with a series of walks taking place across the region. Walks overseen by the Waveney group are due to be held in the Beccles and Shipmeadow areas, in Rockland St Mary and the Billingford area.
- 1 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 2 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 3 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 4 Driver swore at driver he crashed into before speeding off
- 5 Police appeal for help tracing wanted Suffolk man
- 6 Person rescued after blaze in first floor flat
- 7 15ft-wide abnormal load on A47 this weekend
- 8 Concerns raised over 'excessive' feeding of ducks at popular pond
- 9 Swimmer in trouble at sea sparks lifeboat and coastguards response
- 10 Everything to see and do in Lowestoft