Waveney roller skaters in action at popular contest
- Credit: Archant
A group of Waveney roller skaters competed against some of the top dance clubs at a prestigious event.
The nine Waveney Roller Skating Club members travelled to Kettering for their Winter Solo dance competition, which was the last contest of 2017.
A club spokesman said: 'This took place over two days with some great dance clubs competing. Our skaters did extremely well with large numbers of skaters in each groups.'
The competition began with the solo dance with Georgia Boyd, in novice, finishing in 11th place. In the next novice group Lauren Nursey finished in 9th. The inter bronze solo dance event saw Francesca Rumsby finish in sixth before the masters solo dance event saw Jackie Huggins finish in fifth and Michelle Huggins was 12th in the inter-silver solo event. With the free dances held on the Sunday the novice free dance skaters saw Ella Moore 5th, Lauren Nursey 11th and Caitlin Forster 18th.
Next to skate was Georgia Boyd in novice group and Brooke Enticknap, with both skating well as they just missed out on a place on the podium finishing in fourth place. Charlotte Harker skated well in her preliminary group and also took fourth.
You may also want to watch:
In the inter-bronze event, Francesca Rumsby was 9th with Michelle Huggins in sixth.
The club spokesman added: 'Well done to all the girls and to our coach Carla Smith for all your hard work and support. We would also like to thank our sponsors Docwras.com in Great Yarmouth and R&S Meen Autos in Beccles for their ongoing support.'
- 1 'Enough to go around' - Drivers urged not to panic-buy at petrol pumps
- 2 Man's death 'remains unexplained' after body found in Lowestoft
- 3 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles
- 4 Hunt for three men 'ongoing' after victim hit during Lowestoft assault
- 5 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 6 Have your say about the future of Pakefield's eroding coastline
- 7 Coastal town to feature on BBC One’s Antiques Road Trip once more
- 8 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 9 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 10 Hunt continues for two men involved in assault in Lowestoft
Waveney Roller Skating Club trains at the Ormiston Denes Academy in Lowestoft. Beginner sessions are on Saturday mornings from 10am to 11am, costing £4 per session.
Visit www.waveneyrsc.co.uk or email firstname.lastname@example.org