Waveney schools rewarded for road safety campaign efforts
- Credit: Archant
A number of Waveney schools have been recognised for their efforts to promote road safety.
More than 100 pupils and staff from Suffolk schools gathered for the annual Junior Road Safety Officer (JRSO) Awards on June 29.
The JRSO scheme gives children aged 9 to 11 the opportunity to be a voice for their school and local community through the promotion of road safety campaigns.
Held at Endeavour House in Ipswich, the ceremony saw pupils make presentations to a road safety panel, before gold, silver and bronze awards were presented to schools according to the quality of their schemes.
The list of Waveney winners are as follows:
You may also want to watch:
• Barnby and North Cove Primary - Gold
• Beccles Primary Academy - Silver
- 1 Diversions in place as fibre cable works continue in Lowestoft
- 2 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 5 Families urged to lock their sheds after string of burglaries
- 6 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 7 Severe delays on A146 after two-vehicle crash
- 8 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 9 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 10 Stricken yacht towed to safety by lifeboat crew
• Brampton CEVCP - Gold
• Corton CEVAP - Gold
• Edgar Sewter Primary, Halesworth - Silver
• Holton St Peter - Gold
• Red Oak Primary, Lowestoft - Bronze
• Ringsfield CEVCP - Gold
• Roman Hill Primary, Lowestoft - Gold
• Somerleyton CP - Gold
• Southwold Primary - Silver
• Westwood Primary, Lowestoft - Gold