Waveney schools rewarded for road safety campaign efforts
- Credit: Archant
A number of Waveney schools have been recognised for their efforts to promote road safety.
More than 100 pupils and staff from Suffolk schools gathered for the annual Junior Road Safety Officer (JRSO) Awards on June 29.
The JRSO scheme gives children aged 9 to 11 the opportunity to be a voice for their school and local community through the promotion of road safety campaigns.
Held at Endeavour House in Ipswich, the ceremony saw pupils make presentations to a road safety panel, before gold, silver and bronze awards were presented to schools according to the quality of their schemes.
The list of Waveney winners are as follows:
You may also want to watch:
• Barnby and North Cove Primary - Gold
• Beccles Primary Academy - Silver
- 1 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 2 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 3 ‘Great opportunity’: Flats in coastal town set for auction
- 4 Classic VW camper van gutted by fire on A47
- 5 Development of iconic Gull Wing bridge to be documented by local company
- 6 Thief smashed window to steal money box from car
- 7 Filthy houses sought to feature in Channel 5 show
- 8 Girl's horse riding dreams shattered after vandals target equipment
- 9 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 10 Visually impaired woman urges people with diabetes to get retinal screenings
• Brampton CEVCP - Gold
• Corton CEVAP - Gold
• Edgar Sewter Primary, Halesworth - Silver
• Holton St Peter - Gold
• Red Oak Primary, Lowestoft - Bronze
• Ringsfield CEVCP - Gold
• Roman Hill Primary, Lowestoft - Gold
• Somerleyton CP - Gold
• Southwold Primary - Silver
• Westwood Primary, Lowestoft - Gold