Waveney Singers to perform remembrance concert
- Credit: Archant © 2008
The Waveney Singers will be presenting a programme of words and songs from the Second World War on Remembrance Day.
The group of 12 women will be performing in 40s style costumes at Our Lady Star of the Sea Church in Gordon Road, Lowestoft, on Saturday, November 11.
The concert will start at 11am with two minute's silence, followed by a 45 minute programme of songs and words from the 40s.
This is the fourth year the group have held the concert, and there will be a bucket collection with donations going to military charity Help for Heroes.
A spokesman from the Waveney Singers said: 'Most people who fought and lived in the Second World War are no longer here to commemorate this occasion. We hope that in our small way we contribute to maintaining the memory of their sacrifice.
You may also want to watch:
'We have raised at least £1,500 for this cause over the years and we are very grateful to the church and Deacon Stephen Pomeroy who have made us very welcome.'
- 1 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 2 Confiscation hearing adjourned for North sea jet ski drug smugglers
- 3 New £9m school building opened by children's commissioner
- 4 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 5 Academy in Lowestoft receives Ofsted praise for 'effective action'
- 6 Mum of four set to return to the stage in Lowestoft - after a decade away
- 7 Your Lowestoft Journal has a new community editor
- 8 East Suffolk's coronavirus case rate increases, but rates still half England's average
- 9 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 10 Popular Lowestoft restaurant revealed as English curry award finalist