Waveney Singers to perform remembrance concert
- Credit: Archant © 2008
The Waveney Singers will be presenting a programme of words and songs from the Second World War on Remembrance Day.
The group of 12 women will be performing in 40s style costumes at Our Lady Star of the Sea Church in Gordon Road, Lowestoft, on Saturday, November 11.
The concert will start at 11am with two minute's silence, followed by a 45 minute programme of songs and words from the 40s.
This is the fourth year the group have held the concert, and there will be a bucket collection with donations going to military charity Help for Heroes.
A spokesman from the Waveney Singers said: 'Most people who fought and lived in the Second World War are no longer here to commemorate this occasion. We hope that in our small way we contribute to maintaining the memory of their sacrifice.
You may also want to watch:
'We have raised at least £1,500 for this cause over the years and we are very grateful to the church and Deacon Stephen Pomeroy who have made us very welcome.'
- 1 'New lease of life' - Pubs ready after £35,000 investment
- 2 'The buzz is great' - Market stall owners take reins at town pub
- 3 Queen writes to Lily, 5, in reply to condolences card
- 4 Empty town centre shop sells at auction
- 5 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for overnight works
- 6 Firefighters rescue kittiwake caught in controversial netting
- 7 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft
- 8 Search continues for Beccles man missing for five days
- 9 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 10 New faces announced for town councils after election votes counted