New cup presented as tennis club serves up a treat
- Credit: Archant
A tennis club served up a treat as an annual tournament was hailed a success.
Waveney Tennis Club held its annual contest in glorious sunshine on Sunday, September 1 at Nicholas Everitt Park.
It was run on the American scoring system and the eventual winner was Emma Harris.
She was presented with the new Waveney Tennis Club Founders` Cup by Paul and Barbara Sagrott, who kindly donated the cup to commemorate the inauguration of the club in 1960.
Many thanks to all who attended and Peter and Lesley Webb, who organised the tournament.
You may also want to watch:
The season is drawing slowly to a close, but anyone who would like to come down on a casual basis this year will be welcome.
Please phone Helen on 07764 582 174 for details.
- 1 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 2 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 3 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 4 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 5 Charity walkers celebrate some unexpected news
- 6 'An appalling state' - bereaved criticises cemetery wildlife campaign
- 7 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 8 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 9 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk
- 10 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
The 2020 season will commence in mid April and new members are most welcome.