Waveney Voluntary (Diabetic) Group
The first meeting after the summer break welcomed three new members to the group. A diabetic nurse, Chris Allen came along to answer questions about the condition.
The first meeting after the summer break welcomed three new members to the group. A diabetic nurse, Chris Allen came along to answer questions about the condition. Chris explained what the drugs do and when they should be taken in relation to meal times. She explained how diabetes affected the organs of the body, especially the kidneys, and how exercise was important. Members spoke about how confusing it could be taking all the medication prescribed, and Chris said that members might like to consider the labelled compartmented boxes for pills readily available.
Chris answered a myriad of questions from individual members about their own diabetic profile. Rose made scones for the group. She has joined the group again after convalescing from an operation.
Chris will be back next year to keep members up to date with the latest medical news and to answer questions.
If you are a person with diabetes, a partner or carer of someone who has, please come along to the meetings. Contact 01502 513998.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Hotels launch search for more than 20 new staff members
- 2 New operator to be unveiled for Lowestoft pavilion regeneration
- 3 Lowestoft man fined £2,000 for noise offences after warning
- 4 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 5 Vulnerable man abused by group of youths in Lowestoft
- 6 New restaurant offering 'finest Asian cuisine' opens in Lowestoft
- 7 School sites targeted as vandals cause damage across Lowestoft
- 8 Diversions in place as fibre cable works continue in Lowestoft
- 9 Bomb disposal unit detonate device found on beach
- 10 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed