We'll get you fitter, vows cycle coach
A CYCLING coach is promising budding riders they will be fitter and faster in four weeks - or get their money back.Neil Turner, development officer and coach for the Great Yarmouth Cycling Club, is certain anyone who signs up for the Thursday evening cycling sessions around Somerleyton Hall will notice improvements in their abilities within four weeks.
A CYCLING coach is promising budding riders they will be fitter and faster in four weeks - or get their money back.
Neil Turner, development officer and coach for the Great Yarmouth Cycling Club, is certain anyone who signs up for the Thursday evening cycling sessions around Somerleyton Hall will notice improvements in their abilities within four weeks.
The five and 10-mile time-trial rides offer cyclists the chance to develop their skills over the summer.
NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney's physical activity team is supporting the sessions which are part of the cycling club's membership, costing �15 for adults or �7.50 for youngsters and those eligible for concessions.
You may also want to watch:
The meeting point - also the start/finish point - is one mile from Market Lane from the junction with the B1074 in Somerleyton.
Mr Turner added: 'The quiet rolling roads around Somerleyton are perfect for the time trials but to ensure we are as safe as possible we have marshals along the route and the police are aware when we are there.'
- 1 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man
- 2 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 3 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 4 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week
- 5 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 6 Campers arrive 'back in paradise' at sold-out Latitude Festival
- 7 O2 phone store burglars facing jail terms for break-in
- 8 Sexual misconduct allegations against Suffolk police officers revealed under FoI laws
- 9 Joy as CityFibre backs Lowestoft landmark with sponsorship deal
- 10 'Can’t burst our bubble' - Primary school marks 'incredible' success
He added: 'We're offering four weeks of coaching and racing and if you're not fitter and faster at the end of the four weeks you can have your money back.'
The cycling sessions support the national Change 4 Life health campaign to encourage people to eat less, move more and life longer. Part of the campaign includes Bike 4 Life.
To find out more contact the Great Yarmouth Cycling Club on 01493 652183 or go to www.greatyarmouthcyclingclub.co.uk
To find out more about physical activity sessions happening in your area, contact Marten on 01493 744432, email email@example.com or visit www.gywpct.nhs.uk