We'll get you fitter, vows cycle coach
A CYCLING coach is promising budding riders they will be fitter and faster in four weeks - or get their money back.Neil Turner, development officer and coach for the Great Yarmouth Cycling Club, is certain anyone who signs up for the Thursday evening cycling sessions around Somerleyton Hall will notice improvements in their abilities within four weeks.
A CYCLING coach is promising budding riders they will be fitter and faster in four weeks - or get their money back.
Neil Turner, development officer and coach for the Great Yarmouth Cycling Club, is certain anyone who signs up for the Thursday evening cycling sessions around Somerleyton Hall will notice improvements in their abilities within four weeks.
The five and 10-mile time-trial rides offer cyclists the chance to develop their skills over the summer.
NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney's physical activity team is supporting the sessions which are part of the cycling club's membership, costing �15 for adults or �7.50 for youngsters and those eligible for concessions.
You may also want to watch:
The meeting point - also the start/finish point - is one mile from Market Lane from the junction with the B1074 in Somerleyton.
Mr Turner added: 'The quiet rolling roads around Somerleyton are perfect for the time trials but to ensure we are as safe as possible we have marshals along the route and the police are aware when we are there.'
- 1 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 2 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 3 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 4 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 5 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 6 Pizza branch to expand into another unit
- 7 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 8 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 9 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 10 Power tools stolen during Lowestoft shed burglary
He added: 'We're offering four weeks of coaching and racing and if you're not fitter and faster at the end of the four weeks you can have your money back.'
The cycling sessions support the national Change 4 Life health campaign to encourage people to eat less, move more and life longer. Part of the campaign includes Bike 4 Life.
To find out more contact the Great Yarmouth Cycling Club on 01493 652183 or go to www.greatyarmouthcyclingclub.co.uk
To find out more about physical activity sessions happening in your area, contact Marten on 01493 744432, email email@example.com or visit www.gywpct.nhs.uk