We need through trains
I'M writing to support Peter Eyres in his cry for through trains (August 14).I have been longing for the Beccles loop and a potential semi fast train (or even a fast train).
I'M writing to support Peter Eyres in his cry for through trains (August 14).
I have been longing for the Beccles loop and a potential semi fast train (or even a fast train).
Numbers on the stopping train may be lower than expected but that's because it's still quicker on many trains via Norwich.
It's even faster to drive to Ipswich.
You may also want to watch:
I often travel to London on that route choosing the 'stopper' for my evening returns when I can go to sleep (air conditioning allowing). Please, please let's all get behind the East Suffolk line and make it into the fast, efficient service it should be.
- 1 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 2 Confiscation hearing adjourned for North sea jet ski drug smugglers
- 3 New £9m school building opened by children's commissioner
- 4 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 5 Your Lowestoft Journal has a new community editor
- 6 Academy in Lowestoft receives Ofsted praise for 'effective action'
- 7 Mum of four set to return to the stage in Lowestoft - after a decade away
- 8 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 9 East Suffolk's coronavirus case rate increases, but rates still half England's average
- 10 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted