We need through trains
I'M writing to support Peter Eyres in his cry for through trains (August 14).I have been longing for the Beccles loop and a potential semi fast train (or even a fast train).
I'M writing to support Peter Eyres in his cry for through trains (August 14).
I have been longing for the Beccles loop and a potential semi fast train (or even a fast train).
Numbers on the stopping train may be lower than expected but that's because it's still quicker on many trains via Norwich.
It's even faster to drive to Ipswich.
You may also want to watch:
I often travel to London on that route choosing the 'stopper' for my evening returns when I can go to sleep (air conditioning allowing). Please, please let's all get behind the East Suffolk line and make it into the fast, efficient service it should be.
- 1 'New lease of life' - Pubs ready after £35,000 investment
- 2 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 3 'The buzz is great' - Market stall owners take reins at town pub
- 4 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for overnight works
- 5 CCTV shows moment father who died was restrained by Pontins security staff
- 6 RNLI called out to rescue 'soggy doggy'
- 7 Empty town centre shop sells at auction
- 8 Queen writes to Lily, 5, in reply to condolences card
- 9 'Dangerous' neck restraint led to death of Pontins guest, inquest finds
- 10 Search continues for Beccles man missing for five days