We need through trains
I'M writing to support Peter Eyres in his cry for through trains (August 14).I have been longing for the Beccles loop and a potential semi fast train (or even a fast train).
I'M writing to support Peter Eyres in his cry for through trains (August 14).
I have been longing for the Beccles loop and a potential semi fast train (or even a fast train).
Numbers on the stopping train may be lower than expected but that's because it's still quicker on many trains via Norwich.
It's even faster to drive to Ipswich.
I often travel to London on that route choosing the 'stopper' for my evening returns when I can go to sleep (air conditioning allowing). Please, please let's all get behind the East Suffolk line and make it into the fast, efficient service it should be.
- 1 Restaurant owner 'optimistic' for future after Christmas cancellations
- 2 Road rage incident sees van driver run over by car
- 3 Man arrested in Lowestoft after stop and search finds cannabis and cash
- 4 New homes and retail unit bid for vacant former Tesco store
- 5 Coastal wreckage scuba diving club searching for new members
- 6 'Don't suffer in silence': Support on offer as UK heads for inflation spike
- 7 Holocaust memorial ceremony to be held at town's rail station
- 8 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 9 Woman shot by pellet gun when leaving Lowestoft shop
- 10 'Blight' of fly-tipping on rise in east Suffolk as council vows clampdown