Wear your wetnose to help animal sanctuaries
- Credit: Archant
A fundraising day to help raise money for animal rescue centre in the coastal area will take place later this month.
Wetnose Animal Day will take place on Friday, September 21, will encourage schools, workplaces, vets, groomers, dog clubs, riding schools, to pose with their nose and raise funds for rescue centres nationwide.
The day has helped Pact Animal Sanctuary, Foxy Lodge in Hemsby, Fritton Owl Sanctuary, Venture Farm Sanctuary and this year CJ Cat Rescue.
Founder Andrea Gamby-Boulger said: 'Wetnose plays its part in highlighting animal welfare in the UK and providing vital help and financial support for small animal welfare groups who are at the forefront of animal rescue and care in the UK'.
Fundraisers across the country are lined up to bungee jump, host sponsored dog walks, hold cake sales and wear the legendary Wetnoses to raise much needed funds.
You may also want to watch:
For more information on how you can get involved or how you can get hold of our famous Wetnose, simply visit www.wetnoseanimalaid.com
- 1 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 2 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 3 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 4 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 5 Charity walkers celebrate some unexpected news
- 6 'An appalling state' - bereaved criticises cemetery wildlife campaign
- 7 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 8 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 9 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk
- 10 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country