Weather and snow update in Lowestoft
A FRESH covering of snow has fallen overnight but schools across Lowestoft are battling on.
Despite some treacherous roads and heavy snowfall across Suffolk the majority of schools remain open in the county - although the Leiston, Hadleigh and Woodbridge areas have taken a battering from the snow.
In Lowestoft, the only school to have been affected on Thursday is Kirkley Middle School, who will be opening slightly later at 10am today.
On the rail lines, National Express East Anglia customers are currently experiencing delays of up to 45 minutes on all services in the Ipswich area.
• For further details on school closures visit www.schoolclosures.suffolk.gov.uk and for the latest weather updates, keep an eye on The Journal's website.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 First Light Festival adds more events to Days of Summer programme
- 2 Person rescued after blaze in first floor flat
- 3 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 4 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 5 Couple who first met at hotel celebrate six decades of marriage
- 6 Nominations for town council post revealed following 'bullying' claims
- 7 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 8 Investigation closed against man who exposed himself in cemetery
- 9 Freddie the fish trail set to make a splash return this summer
- 10 Everything to see and do in Lowestoft