Weather and snow update in Lowestoft
A FRESH covering of snow has fallen overnight but schools across Lowestoft are battling on.
Despite some treacherous roads and heavy snowfall across Suffolk the majority of schools remain open in the county - although the Leiston, Hadleigh and Woodbridge areas have taken a battering from the snow.
In Lowestoft, the only school to have been affected on Thursday is Kirkley Middle School, who will be opening slightly later at 10am today.
On the rail lines, National Express East Anglia customers are currently experiencing delays of up to 45 minutes on all services in the Ipswich area.
• For further details on school closures visit www.schoolclosures.suffolk.gov.uk and for the latest weather updates, keep an eye on The Journal's website.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 New lease of life with go-ahead for apartments above former McDonalds
- 2 New shops could be unveiled at prominent former family-run business
- 3 Man jailed after police seize cannabis worth £15,000 from car
- 4 Air ambulance responds to woman in 20s after emergency in Lowestoft
- 5 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 6 Jewellery stolen after burglars raid home in Lowestoft
- 7 Mum's relief at Cawston Park closure after 'hideous' restraint on son
- 8 Sniffer dogs find thousands of illegal cigarettes under manhole cover
- 9 Further overnight works scheduled for A47 with north Lowestoft closure
- 10 'Suspicious' sighting in the sea sparks late night response in Lowestoft