Flood water gushes out from under beach huts in Southwold
- Credit: Peter Birtwhistle
A holiday homeowner was shocked to see huge downpours in Southwold with waters flooding out from under a row of beach huts on the seafront.
Video footage shows water gushing from beneath the row of pastel colours huts.
Peter Birtwhistle said he'd never seen anything like this in his more than 60 years visiting Southwold.
Mr Birtwhistle said: "I have a holiday home in the town. I consider myself a local since my mother lived in the town.
"Never seen anything like this before in over 60 years connected to the town. Climate change is here."
A report released by the UN on Monday warned that humans are unequivocally driving global warming, with the UN’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change painting a dark future if more is not done.
Data from the Met Office, interpreted by Dan Holley from Weatherquest, also shows that between 1990 and 2019 the mean temperature in Suffolk rose by 1C with rainfall up 3% and sunshine up 9%.
- 1 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 2 Hunt continues for two men involved in assault in Lowestoft
- 3 Scheme unveiled for former pub and butchers on town's High Street
- 4 'Enough to go around' - Drivers urged not to panic-buy at petrol pumps
- 5 Man's death 'remains unexplained' after body found in Lowestoft
- 6 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 7 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles
- 8 Hunt for three men 'ongoing' after victim hit during Lowestoft assault
- 9 Have your say about the future of Pakefield's eroding coastline
- 10 Air ambulance responds to woman in 20s after emergency in Lowestoft