Wintry snap heading to Norfolk bringing a chance of snow
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Despite the mini heatwave, it may be time to trade your shorts for your big coat as a cold snap hits the region.
Even though we will be heading towards spring there is a chance of wintry showers across Norfolk as cold air blows in from the North on Sunday night bringing a sharp frost to the bank holiday.
As we head into Monday, the 24C we saw on Wednesday will be a distant memory, with sleet, snow and rain predicted.
Forecasters at the Norwich-based Weatherquest said while there isn't likely to be widespread snow, there is the chance of sleet and snow flurries in most places, though not everywhere will see one.
The coast will feel milder than the 5C or 6C temperatures being forecasted, and there will be sunshine in between the possible snowy snaps.
Those wintry conditions are expected to continue into Tuesday, though it is expected to warm up slightly towards the end of the week.
- 1 Garden transformed into Christmas winter wonderland for local causes
- 2 Man arrested in connection with Lowestoft assault
- 3 Milk in the spotlight for thought provoking projection in Lowestoft
- 4 67-year-old Lowestoft drug dealer found with £200,000 of cocaine jailed
- 5 Suspended sentence for former church worker who indecently assaulted girl
- 6 Lowestoft car damaged after being covered in food and brake fluid
- 7 Suffolk seaside village named among coastal property hotspots
- 8 Man 'remains under investigation' after car crashed into home
- 9 Roadworks to know about in Lowestoft this week
- 10 Hunt for biker continues after cyclist seriously hurt in Lowestoft crash