Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- Credit: Jeyan Chandra
Forecasters have warned that snow and ice could hit Norfolk and Suffolk on Saturday.
The Met Office has put out a yellow warning for ice and snow between Friday night and Saturday morning, however it expects this to clear by the afternoon.
It said: "There's some uncertainty about Saturday's weather at the moment because this weather front will move in a bit quicker, and that means a less significant spread but a significant snow risk for northern and eastern Britain.
"If the weather does slow down a little bit then that weather signal will become a little more pronounced."
Norfolk County Council tweeted that it would be sending out gritters on roads around the county, with drivers urged not to travel unless it was essential.
It said in the tweet: "We're gritting today across the county & again early AM except city and east coast areas.
"Please don't travel unless essential. Help us keep Norfolk safe & reduce the risk of accidents."
- 1 Lowestoft house fire starts in tumble dryer and rips through conservatory
- 2 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 3 Relief for kittiwakes as controversial netting removed
- 4 Acid attack victim opens heart to TV star on true crime show
- 5 Friends launch fantasy horse racing site to combat problem gambling
- 6 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 7 Adapted trike helping to fulfil dreams and bring back 'happy memories'
- 8 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 9 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 10 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase