Scorchio! Temperatures could soar to almost 30C, forecasters predict
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Norfolk could be set to sizzle this week, with temperatures predicted to be close to reaching 30C in some parts of the county.
As the region’s coastline continues to get busier following relexation of lockdown restrictions, forecasters have predicted temperatures will gradually increase this week, in what could prove a mini-heatwave heading into the weekend.
With the sun starting to creep out today, forecasters say that while today’s highs are likely to be around 18-19C, by Friday western and central parts of the county could see temperatures approaching 30C.
Adam Dury, a forecaster for Norwich-based Weatherquest, said: “Today there is a little sunshine and that will continue tomorrow and by Thursday there will be a lot more and temperatures could reach the mid 20s.
“Friday we expect there to be a lot more sunshine and it will be very hot and humid. Most parts of the county will see temperatures of around 27-28C, but in the west of the county it could hit closer to 30C.
You may also want to watch:
“The east of the county and the coast will be slightly cooler, but will still reach mid 20s.”
Mr Dury did, however, warn that Friday afternoon, around 4-5pm, could see some rain and the off-chance of thunderstorms.
- 1 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 2 Lowestoft man's role in some of the biggest live events of 2021
- 3 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 4 Man suffers potentially life-threatening injuries in A145 collision
- 5 Increasing concern for missing 14-year-old Amber Hanson
- 6 Tributes to 'much loved' council worker as dustcart leads funeral cortège
- 7 Town centre business owner's pledge amid latest lockdown closure
- 8 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 9 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 10 Nail gun and drill among tools stolen in theft from VW van
Mr Dury added that overnight temperatures between Friday and Saturday could be close to 20C, with these temperatures expected to continue into the weekend.
He said the weekend itself would likely remain dry, but with temperatures around the mid 20s.
Don’t miss our Enjoy Summer More supplement
There are loads of ideas on things to do this summer in our 24-page supplement in the EDP and Norwich Evening News this Saturday.
With so many fantastic attractions right on our doorstep, now’s the perfect time to re-visit some old favourites or discover some new ones. They’ve all got special covid safety measures in place, so you can enjoy a day out in complete confidence.
The summer is also a great time to enjoy our fine county’s food and drink bounty. Whether you’re planning on taking advantage of the government’s Eat Out to Help Out scheme, cooking up a storm at home, or looking for some pick-your-own fun, we’ve got plenty of inspiration.
The focus on our homes and gardens will also continue through summer. We’ve got some great ideas to make the most of time spent at home, from wild gardens to hot tubs.
Don’t miss it!