Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- Credit: peter cutts
Forecasters have warned of the danger of lightning strikes across the Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft areas as stormy weather continues to hit the region.
Travel could be disrupted across the area with a chance of hail this afternoon, according to the Met Office.
It has issued a yellow weather warning, saying that there could be delays to trains and power cuts, as well as damage to buildings.
It is forecast to hit Great Yarmouth, Lowestoft, Beccles and Bungay, as well as across other areas of East Norfolk, Suffolk and Essex.
Downpours could also bring around 20mm of rain within an hour, and perhaps 30-40 mm in a few hours for a few locations - leading to possible flooding in places.
You may also want to watch:
The showers and thunderstorms are expected between 12pm and 9pm, easing by late evening.
- 1 Large crowds flock to popular herring and ale fayre
- 2 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 3 Duo spared jail for breaking birthday party-goer's jaw in two places
- 4 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles
- 5 Don't 'buckle to pressure': Warning as Nottingham Knockers target homes
- 6 New service manager unveiled at care home in Lowestoft
- 7 Alexa Auto stolen from car during early morning theft in Lowestoft
- 8 Latest coronavirus cases show another rise in East Suffolk
- 9 Hunt for biker continues after cyclist seriously hurt in Lowestoft crash
- 10 Man appears in court charged with toy gun robbery in Lowestoft