Will Suffolk see snow as wintry showers hit before the weekend?
- Credit: Archant
Forecasters are predicting the chance of wintry showers before this weekend as temperatures continue to drop.
Parts of Suffolk could see sleet showers turn to snow on Friday morning, with temperatures set to remain under 5C throughout the day.
But although people may need to pull out their hats and gloves, it is not time to get any snow shovels out yet, according to East Anglia-based forecasters Weatherquest.
Fred Best, Weatherquest meteorologist, said the chances of any snow settling is low.
Mr Best said: “We are going to see rain through the night on Thursday and into the morning.
You may also want to watch:
“Most of the time it will be mainly rain, although there is the chance of some wintriness there – perhaps brief spells of something more snowy, but we won’t see anything laying on the ground.
“It is going to be fairly chilly though, on Friday we can expect highs of around 4C and it will be a similar situation into the weekend.”
- 1 'Welcome back!' - Glasses raised as popular pub reopens
- 2 Woman scared to leave her house after being closely followed by man
- 3 Boy attacked by man in woodland in Lowestoft
- 4 Woman punched on the ground after walking crutch was kicked away
- 5 Emergency works cause early morning traffic chaos on A47
- 6 Duo left shaken after youths threw stones and jumped on parked car
- 7 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 8 'A real buzz' hits Lowestoft as lockdown rules ease
- 9 Pub and restaurant group 'looking forward' to re-opening popular venues
- 10 'Innovative' new street light sparks interest on the coast