Will Suffolk see snow as wintry showers hit before the weekend?
- Credit: Archant
Forecasters are predicting the chance of wintry showers before this weekend as temperatures continue to drop.
Parts of Suffolk could see sleet showers turn to snow on Friday morning, with temperatures set to remain under 5C throughout the day.
But although people may need to pull out their hats and gloves, it is not time to get any snow shovels out yet, according to East Anglia-based forecasters Weatherquest.
Fred Best, Weatherquest meteorologist, said the chances of any snow settling is low.
Mr Best said: “We are going to see rain through the night on Thursday and into the morning.
You may also want to watch:
“Most of the time it will be mainly rain, although there is the chance of some wintriness there – perhaps brief spells of something more snowy, but we won’t see anything laying on the ground.
“It is going to be fairly chilly though, on Friday we can expect highs of around 4C and it will be a similar situation into the weekend.”
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Minke whale washes up on beach
- 3 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 4 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
- 5 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 6 Why some over 70s get the Covid vaccine before over 80s
- 7 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 8 Former EDL organiser calls Covid 'a radical extremist's dream'
- 9 Suzuki and Honda motorbikes stolen in overnight thefts
- 10 'Be vigilant' - man's warning after attempted car break-in