Weather warning for heavy rain issued for Norfolk
- Credit: The Met Office
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning for heavy rain across Norfolk this weekend.
The warning, which covers all of East Anglia, is in place from midnight through to around 6am on Sunday.
Heavy rain and showers are expected to develop on Saturday night and persist into the early hours of Sunday morning.
While many areas will miss the worst of the weather, others could see 20mm to 40mm of rainfall in less than three hours - potentially leading to flooding and disruption on the roads.
The warning states flooding of a few homes and businesses is likely, local transport such as bus and train services will "probably" be affected with journey times taking longer.
You may also want to watch:
Spray and flooding on roads may increase journey times.
- 1 Scheme unveiled for former pub and butchers on town's High Street
- 2 Lowestoft man kicked victim in head as he lay on the ground
- 3 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 4 'Enough to go around' - Drivers urged not to panic-buy at petrol pumps
- 5 Hunt continues for two men involved in assault in Lowestoft
- 6 Man's death 'remains unexplained' after body found in Lowestoft
- 7 Hunt for three men 'ongoing' after victim hit during Lowestoft assault
- 8 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles
- 9 Beccles' first post-pandemic charity ride is a success
- 10 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC