Wedding dress is passed down through the generations in Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
A woman from Lowestoft who got married in 1967 has seen her wedding dress put to good use again and again - at is has been passed down through the generations and worn as a christening gown on a number of occasions.
Sue Beales married her husband Terry at St Edmunds Church in Bungay on June 10, 1967. The traditional white dress that she wore on the day was made by her sister Lesley with a material called witchcraft lace.
When Mrs Beales' first child named Tracey was born, the idea was to make the dress into a christening gown to continue the legacy.
It was used again in 1969 when a boy named Gavin was born and once more in 1971, when the third child arrived - a girl named Lynda.
Tracey then went on to have three children - Michael in 1984, Ian in 1987, and Ashley in 1992. The gown was used on each occasion at the christenings.
You may also want to watch:
And now, at the recent christening of Ian's first child Lilli, the gown has been used yet again, with Lilli's arrival completing a fifth generation in Mrs Beales' family.
'It is lovely that the dress, which has kept so white, has remained in the family and been passed down through the generations,' said Mrs Beales, of Robin Hill, in north Lowestoft.
- 1 Classic VW camper van gutted by fire on A47
- 2 ‘Great opportunity’: Flats in coastal town set for auction
- 3 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 4 Thief smashed window to steal money box from car
- 5 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 6 New policy unveiled for commemorative benches across district
- 7 Filthy houses sought to feature in Channel 5 show
- 8 Ladder used by fire crew to rescue injured gull
- 9 Development of iconic Gull Wing bridge to be documented by local company
- 10 Visually impaired woman urges people with diabetes to get retinal screenings
'We are hoping to use it again in the future and I am over the moon that my wedding dress has been put to such good use.
'The christening gown is a memento of my wedding day and I am so pleased.'