Weight loss success in national competition for woman from Mutford, near Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
FEELING FABULOUS: Weight loss champions across the UK have been announced by Herbalife – with a winner from Mutford, near Lowestoft.
Keri Clements (pictured), is feeling fit and fabulous after coming in third place in a national competition after losing nearly two stone 5lb in Herbalife's Weight Loss Challenge Competition.
Regional finalists from all over the UK came together recently to delight in their achievements as Herbalife senior marketing manager for the UK and Ireland, Daljiat Gill hosted the finals event at the Runnymede-On-Thames Hotel in Surrey.
Run by Independent Herbalife Members across the UK, the weight loss challenge is a 12-week program designed to help participants reach and maintain their weight loss goals.
With each of the regional finalists in attendance with their wellness coaches, Keri finished as the third place national winner – for which she received a professional photographic shoot, a double page spread in a top women's magazine plus £150 in shopping vouchers.
You may also want to watch:
Keri, 45, said: 'I had a condition called parathyroidism which affected my weight, calcium levels and my bones. At my heaviest I weighed 12st 7lb, a size 16. I felt awful!
'I'd seen people doing the Tough Mudder challenge and even worked as a volunteer when my husband did the event in 2013 and was so envious! I wanted to be fitter and healthier so I could join in.'
- 1 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
- 2 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 3 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 4 'You are our champion': Community praise for Olympian Charley Davison
- 5 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 6 McDonalds volunteers remove 20 wheelbarrow loads of algae from town's park
- 7 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 8 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 9 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 10 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
Having gone to the gym in a bid to help alleviate a back pain, it was April last year that she heard about the Weight Loss Challenge.
She said: 'I started replacing breakfast and lunch with shakes made up with coconut milk, which was delicious and helped raise my energy levels. At first, rather than losing weight, I lost inches, and at the end of April I did my first Tough Mudder challenge, and though I didn't run the whole course, I did at last manage to get right round and finish.'
Having now moved on to Herbalife's sports nutrition range, Keri's passion for fitness grew and last year she attempted another Tough Mudder event – running 12 miles and completing 26 obstacles.
She added; 'Now I weigh 10st 2lb and I'm a slim size 10. For me it's all been about getting fit, I've had no back pain for more than eight months and losing the weight has been a wonderful bonus!'
For more information about the Herbalife weight loss challenge, please visit www.myweightlosschallenge.com