Antiques expert evaluates special heirlooms during ‘amazing’ visit to day centre
- Credit: Archant
He can often be seen entertaining as an antiques expert on the television screen.
And residents and guests at a popular residential home were in for a treat recently, as Charles Hanson, from BBC One's Bargain Hunt, was welcomed.
The Wellbeing Day Centre in Cotmer Road, Oulton Broad, hosted an 'amazing event' as Mr Hanson agreed to visit the grounds of The Dell residential home and share his knowledge and stories of the numerous items he comes across.
With a champagne reception, buffet and canapes VIP guests from within the community also attended the Wellbeing Day Centre, which is an extension of The Dell residential home.
A spokesman for the Wellbeing Day Centre said: 'Our day was filled with laughter, jokes and enthralling stories from Mr Hanson's life growing up, his career within television and the antique world.
You may also want to watch:
'We would like to extend our gratitude to deputy mayor, Peter Knight, who attended on the day as Mr Hanson had the crowd enthralled with his unique way of evaluating on our guests' precious heirlooms.
'There was also an opportunity to make a donation toward our dementia friendly garden, in return for a jar of our homemade pear chutney, lovingly created from the fruit grown in our gardens.'
- 1 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 2 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 3 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 4 How well do you know Lowestoft?
- 5 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 6 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 7 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 8 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 9 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 10 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
As well as taking the time to be photographed with the audience, Mr Hanson also visited The Dell to meet the residents – conducting a bedside valuation on his trip around the residential home.
After speaking with Mr Patel, the director of Wellbeing Care Ltd, the spokemsan added: 'Joy Henshaw, manager of The Dell, was so happy to meet Mr Hanson, and share with him some of the amazing things we have achieved, along with promoting the importance of wellbeing as a whole within the care setting.
'All in all an amazing day was had by all at The Wellbeing Day Centre, which is moving into a fresh new year, with lots of other events planned for the over 55's in 2019.