Wellbeing centre dedicated to helping over-65s hosts open day
- Credit: Archant
A care centre providing over-65s with much-needed support held an open day to increase awareness about its services.
The Wellbeing Day Centre - an extension of The Dell Care Home in Oulton Broad - offers a place where those in need of care can socialise and enjoy activities alongside like-minded people.
On Saturday, April 21, the open day gave potential clients and their families an opportunity to find out more about the centre's numerous services.
Day centre assistant manager, Daniella Penedo, said: 'The day went very well and we were able to showcase the beautiful crafts made by residents - just one of the activities that goes on here.
'We're currently trying to obtain a grant for a dementia-friendly garden and we're always looking for volunteers to help improve the centre and deliver our services.
You may also want to watch:
'Thank you to the staff who have worked tirelessly to make the centre successful, and to those who contributed to the open day.'
For more information, visit the centre's website.
- 1 New £9m school building opened by children's commissioner
- 2 Confiscation hearing adjourned for North sea jet ski drug smugglers
- 3 Popular Lowestoft restaurant revealed as English curry award finalist
- 4 Academy in Lowestoft receives Ofsted praise for 'effective action'
- 5 Mum of four set to return to the stage in Lowestoft - after a decade away
- 6 East Suffolk's coronavirus case rate increases, but rates still half England's average
- 7 Thieves steal moped from driveway of home in south Lowestoft
- 8 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 9 Is Lowestoft becoming 'party central' of the east coast?
- 10 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted