Wellbeing centre dedicated to helping over-65s hosts open day
- Credit: Archant
A care centre providing over-65s with much-needed support held an open day to increase awareness about its services.
The Wellbeing Day Centre - an extension of The Dell Care Home in Oulton Broad - offers a place where those in need of care can socialise and enjoy activities alongside like-minded people.
On Saturday, April 21, the open day gave potential clients and their families an opportunity to find out more about the centre's numerous services.
Day centre assistant manager, Daniella Penedo, said: 'The day went very well and we were able to showcase the beautiful crafts made by residents - just one of the activities that goes on here.
'We're currently trying to obtain a grant for a dementia-friendly garden and we're always looking for volunteers to help improve the centre and deliver our services.
You may also want to watch:
'Thank you to the staff who have worked tirelessly to make the centre successful, and to those who contributed to the open day.'
For more information, visit the centre's website.
- 1 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 2 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 3 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 4 Warning after man duped into paying £300 to 'forceful' rogue traders
- 5 Two Lowestoft recycling rounds costing £50,000 in contaminated waste
- 6 Sadness at latest Lowestoft town centre store closure
- 7 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 8 'Life and soul of the party': Lowestoft pub boss remembered
- 9 Three men arrested after van targeted in break-in
- 10 Teen burglar netted £80k of goods in four-year spree