Wetherspoons pub hosts first ever darts tournament in aid of cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
Competitive spirit and charitable giving came together for a special pub darts tournament.
The Joseph Conrad Wetherspoons pub in Lowestoft town centre held its first ever darts contest on Sunday, January 14, with competitors entering as teams and taking part in a series of singles and doubles matches.
A total of £110 was raised throughout the day for CLIC Sargent, a cancer charity dedicated to helping children and young people.
CLIC Sargent aims to provide continuous support for anyone under the age of 25 during their treatment for cancer and beyond.
After an intense day of hard-fought competition, Team Hearts - consisting of Loi Regini, Dave Moran, Gary Lyon, Rio Regini and Max Meathead - came out on top and emerged victorious. Valiantly, they decided to donate all of their prize fund to charity.
You may also want to watch:
For more information about CLIC Sargent and their work, visit clicsargent.org.uk.
- 1 Could direct trains run from Lowestoft to London again?
- 2 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 3 Butchers' could be converted into cafe under new plans
- 4 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 5 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 6 'This is very welcome': Go-ahead for HMO close to town centre
- 7 Flood warning as Suffolk set for 23 hours of heavy rain later this week
- 8 Junction closed for third crossing preparations
- 9 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day