Wetherspoons pub hosts first ever darts tournament in aid of cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
Competitive spirit and charitable giving came together for a special pub darts tournament.
The Joseph Conrad Wetherspoons pub in Lowestoft town centre held its first ever darts contest on Sunday, January 14, with competitors entering as teams and taking part in a series of singles and doubles matches.
A total of £110 was raised throughout the day for CLIC Sargent, a cancer charity dedicated to helping children and young people.
CLIC Sargent aims to provide continuous support for anyone under the age of 25 during their treatment for cancer and beyond.
After an intense day of hard-fought competition, Team Hearts - consisting of Loi Regini, Dave Moran, Gary Lyon, Rio Regini and Max Meathead - came out on top and emerged victorious. Valiantly, they decided to donate all of their prize fund to charity.
You may also want to watch:
For more information about CLIC Sargent and their work, visit clicsargent.org.uk.
- 1 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 2 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 3 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 4 Concerns raised over 'excessive' feeding of ducks at popular pond
- 5 Driver swore at driver he crashed into before speeding off
- 6 Police appeal for help tracing wanted Suffolk man
- 7 Couple who first met at hotel celebrate six decades of marriage
- 8 Everything to see and do in Lowestoft
- 9 Swimmer in trouble at sea sparks lifeboat and coastguards response
- 10 Inquests open into deaths of two men missing since speedboat tragedy in 2014