What a whiff of nostalgia!
LARGE crowds of steam train enthusiasts waited on Lowestoft Central Station armed with cameras last Saturday afternoon.When the steam locomotive Oliver Cromwell 70013 pulled into Lowestoft at 3.
LARGE crowds of steam train enthusiasts waited on Lowestoft Central Station armed with cameras last Saturday afternoon.
When the steam locomotive Oliver Cromwell 70013 pulled into Lowestoft at 3.21 it brought memories back to many, and myself, of when steam trains were a very popular form of transport.
To smell the steam when you got off the train, and to hear the whistle, was something you never forget.
- 1 Warning as RNLI crew called out to sandbank to rescue paddleboarders
- 2 Weather warning for thunderstorms in Suffolk extended
- 3 Shock as knife found in Subway tuna sandwich
- 4 Firefighters plea to not use sky lanterns as one lands near large field
- 5 Amazing pictures of the impact of heatwave captured from microlight
- 6 Firefighters battle blaze in Lowestoft cliff face
- 7 Best-selling author Ann Cleeves to star at 'extra special' event
- 8 Revealed: The latest Covid rates in every Suffolk neighbourhood
- 9 Mum's warning after children almost stung by jellyfish
- 10 7 reasons why Suffolk is the best county in the UK