What a whiff of nostalgia!
LARGE crowds of steam train enthusiasts waited on Lowestoft Central Station armed with cameras last Saturday afternoon.When the steam locomotive Oliver Cromwell 70013 pulled into Lowestoft at 3.
LARGE crowds of steam train enthusiasts waited on Lowestoft Central Station armed with cameras last Saturday afternoon.
When the steam locomotive Oliver Cromwell 70013 pulled into Lowestoft at 3.21 it brought memories back to many, and myself, of when steam trains were a very popular form of transport.
To smell the steam when you got off the train, and to hear the whistle, was something you never forget.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Centre of Lowestoft is a 'coronavirus hotspot'
- 2 Woman's four stone weight loss success despite global pandemic
- 3 'A momentous occasion': Pharmacies to start Covid vaccinations in Suffolk
- 4 Man arrested and drugs seized in police raid
- 5 Delays warning as road closed for emergency repairs
- 6 Latest 'R rate' shows coronavirus still spreading in region
- 7 How I became Ralph Fiennes' assistant on Netflix's The Dig
- 8 Man recovering after suffering serious leg injury in crash
- 9 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 10 Police investigate Southwold sign swearing at visitors to stay away