What a whiff of nostalgia!
LARGE crowds of steam train enthusiasts waited on Lowestoft Central Station armed with cameras last Saturday afternoon.When the steam locomotive Oliver Cromwell 70013 pulled into Lowestoft at 3.
LARGE crowds of steam train enthusiasts waited on Lowestoft Central Station armed with cameras last Saturday afternoon.
When the steam locomotive Oliver Cromwell 70013 pulled into Lowestoft at 3.21 it brought memories back to many, and myself, of when steam trains were a very popular form of transport.
To smell the steam when you got off the train, and to hear the whistle, was something you never forget.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Lowestoft mother spared jail after admitting cruelty to one-year-old son
- 2 University joy for Lowestoft Sixth Form students
- 3 'A redevelopment opportunity' - Empty town centre shop and maisonette set for auction
- 4 'Innovative' new street light sparks interest on the coast
- 5 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 6 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for a week
- 7 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
- 8 Investigations continuing after drugs seized during police raid
- 9 'We can't wait' - Boutique owners prepare for April 12 re-opening
- 10 Pub and restaurant group 'looking forward' to re-opening popular venues