What a whiff of nostalgia!
LARGE crowds of steam train enthusiasts waited on Lowestoft Central Station armed with cameras last Saturday afternoon.When the steam locomotive Oliver Cromwell 70013 pulled into Lowestoft at 3.
LARGE crowds of steam train enthusiasts waited on Lowestoft Central Station armed with cameras last Saturday afternoon.
When the steam locomotive Oliver Cromwell 70013 pulled into Lowestoft at 3.21 it brought memories back to many, and myself, of when steam trains were a very popular form of transport.
To smell the steam when you got off the train, and to hear the whistle, was something you never forget.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 2 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
- 3 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man
- 4 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 5 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 6 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 7 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week
- 8 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 9 Sexual misconduct allegations against Suffolk police officers revealed under FoI laws
- 10 Man charged after late night crash in Lowestoft