Wheelie bin blazes in Lowestoft being treated as arson
POLICE are treating two wheelie bin fires in the Whitton area of Lowestoft in the early hours of this morning (Thursday) as arson.
Firefighters from Lowestoft were kept busy with two bin blazes in quick succession this morning.
A crew from Lowestoft South fire station were called to Southfield Gardens between 1am and 1.10am as a full wheelie bin was set alight. They quickly dealt with the blaze, with the scene cleared inside ten minutes.
A Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service spokesman then reported that a crew from Lowestoft South station then attended a bin fire in nearby Beechwood Gardens at 2.15am. They spent 11 minutes putting out another full domestic bin blaze, with the scene cleared at 2.26am.
'Police are keen to trace three people – two females and a male - who were seen in the area around this time as they may have information that can help the investigation,' a police spokesman said.
'The male was wearing a grey hooded top and one of the females had blonde hair and all three are thought to be in their mid teens to mid 20s.'
• If you were in the area of the incidents or have any information about who started the fires please call PC 1233 Rose on 01986 835300.
- 1 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 2 Thug who 'climbed in window and threatened man for over an hour' is jailed
- 3 'It will look fantastic': Work to restore former Post Office under way
- 4 'A real gent' - Father raising awareness of rare cancer passes away aged 61
- 5 New trees planted on disused piece of land as Community Garden is unveiled
- 6 'A fantastic accolade': Top award honour for community staff nurse
- 7 'Something special': First Light Festival to return with new events
- 8 Weightlifter abused hospital staff after five day drinking binge
- 9 Bikes stolen in garage break-ins and separate theft in Lowestoft
- 10 Man punched in face in Lowestoft supermarket car park