Wheelie bin blazes in Lowestoft being treated as arson
POLICE are treating two wheelie bin fires in the Whitton area of Lowestoft in the early hours of this morning (Thursday) as arson.
Firefighters from Lowestoft were kept busy with two bin blazes in quick succession this morning.
A crew from Lowestoft South fire station were called to Southfield Gardens between 1am and 1.10am as a full wheelie bin was set alight. They quickly dealt with the blaze, with the scene cleared inside ten minutes.
A Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service spokesman then reported that a crew from Lowestoft South station then attended a bin fire in nearby Beechwood Gardens at 2.15am. They spent 11 minutes putting out another full domestic bin blaze, with the scene cleared at 2.26am.
'Police are keen to trace three people – two females and a male - who were seen in the area around this time as they may have information that can help the investigation,' a police spokesman said.
You may also want to watch:
'The male was wearing a grey hooded top and one of the females had blonde hair and all three are thought to be in their mid teens to mid 20s.'
• If you were in the area of the incidents or have any information about who started the fires please call PC 1233 Rose on 01986 835300.
- 1 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 2 Classic VW camper van gutted by fire on A47
- 3 ‘Great opportunity’: Flats in coastal town set for auction
- 4 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 5 Development of iconic Gull Wing bridge to be documented by local company
- 6 Thief smashed window to steal money box from car
- 7 Filthy houses sought to feature in Channel 5 show
- 8 Girl's horse riding dreams shattered after vandals target equipment
- 9 Visually impaired woman urges people with diabetes to get retinal screenings
- 10 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles