Wheelie bin blazes in Lowestoft being treated as arson
POLICE are treating two wheelie bin fires in the Whitton area of Lowestoft in the early hours of this morning (Thursday) as arson.
Firefighters from Lowestoft were kept busy with two bin blazes in quick succession this morning.
A crew from Lowestoft South fire station were called to Southfield Gardens between 1am and 1.10am as a full wheelie bin was set alight. They quickly dealt with the blaze, with the scene cleared inside ten minutes.
A Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service spokesman then reported that a crew from Lowestoft South station then attended a bin fire in nearby Beechwood Gardens at 2.15am. They spent 11 minutes putting out another full domestic bin blaze, with the scene cleared at 2.26am.
'Police are keen to trace three people – two females and a male - who were seen in the area around this time as they may have information that can help the investigation,' a police spokesman said.
You may also want to watch:
'The male was wearing a grey hooded top and one of the females had blonde hair and all three are thought to be in their mid teens to mid 20s.'
• If you were in the area of the incidents or have any information about who started the fires please call PC 1233 Rose on 01986 835300.
- 1 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 5 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 6 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 7 Unique 'upside down' home with panoramic views is for sale
- 8 Confiscation hearing adjourned for North sea jet ski drug smugglers
- 9 Man hit with club and struck with knife in Lowestoft assault
- 10 Man, 45, jailed for Lowestoft burglaries