Where we can park for the airshow fun
EXTRA trains, increased car parking and additional road-signs have all been put on to ensure spectators can travel to and from this weekend's Lowestoft Seafront Air Festival with a minimum of fuss.
A new car park has been set up at Riverside Road, Lowestoft, opposite the Lings Honda garage, to supplement others at Dip Farm, Corton; at Kirkley and Pakefield FC headquarters at Walmer Road; on the grassed area of Pakefield Cliffs – with access from Pakefield Street – and on part of the ASDA site in Horn Hill.
All official air festival parking costs �10 per car, with a park and ride service from Dip Farm – including a free return shuttle bus service. The other four sites operate will operate on a 'park and walk' basis.
The three main seafront car parks will be closed leading up to the show and during the weekend. Limited parking for disability/blue badge holders is available at Belvedere Road on a first-come, first-served basis. Standard Waveney District Council parking charges will apply.
Certain streets in south Lowestoft will be coned and temporarily become no waiting areas. These measures will be enforced from 8am to 8pm tomorrow and Sunday but motorists will be able to park overnight – except for the coned-off area of Kirkley Cliff Road.
You may also want to watch:
A strict tow-away system for vehicles parked in restricted areas will be enforced.
Greater Anglia is running extra train services and putting on additional carriages between Norwich and Lowestoft. In addition to the scheduled services, trains will run from Norwich to Lowestoft tomorrow at 9.28am, 9.50am, 10.25am, 11.25am and 11.50am; and from Lowestoft to Norwich at 4.15pm, 5.45pm and 6.20pm.
- 1 'Enough to go around' - Drivers urged not to panic-buy at petrol pumps
- 2 Man's death 'remains unexplained' after body found in Lowestoft
- 3 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles
- 4 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 5 Hunt for three men 'ongoing' after victim hit during Lowestoft assault
- 6 Coastal town to feature on BBC One’s Antiques Road Trip once more
- 7 Have your say about the future of Pakefield's eroding coastline
- 8 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 9 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 10 Large crowds flock to popular herring and ale fayre
Extra trains will run from Norwich to Lowestoft on Sunday at 9.30am, 10am, 10.06am, 10.40am, 11.25am and 11.49am and 3.40pm; and from Lowestoft to Norwich at 4.52pm, 5.35pm, 6.15pm and 6.52pm.
Trains on the East Suffolk line between Ipswich and Lowestoft via Beccles will run as per the scheduled timetable, with two additional services on Sunday: 8.32am Woodbridge to Lowestoft and 5.30pm Lowestoft to Ipswich.