White powder thrown on cars in Reydon
- Credit: Archant
A Reydon resident has been left angered after his car was covered with a white substance, believed to be flour, last night (October 20).
Robert Boags of The Firs, Reydon, said: 'I went out last night at about 5.30pm and the car was clean and fine.
'I returned roughly at 11pm and did not notice anything, then I woke up this morning and there was a white substance, which I think is flour, covering the car.'
Two cars belonging to neighbours of Mr Boags were also covered by the substance during the incident.
However, he explains neither his wife, Susan Boags, or the couple's pet dog heard any noise during the time the incident is thought to have taken place.
You may also want to watch:
'As you can imagine I was not happy to say the least, it has caused a considerable degree of annoyance and if this substance turns out to be flour, it will contain gluten and could cause considerable damage which will be a costly exercise to repair,' added, Mr Boags, 66.
A police spokesman said they received a call at 10.17am this morning reporting the incident and were investigating to ascertain what the white substance is.
- 1 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 2 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 3 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 4 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 5 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school
- 6 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 7 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 8 NessFest to return to Lowestoft with free events all week
- 9 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 10 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise