White powder thrown on cars in Reydon
- Credit: Archant
A Reydon resident has been left angered after his car was covered with a white substance, believed to be flour, last night (October 20).
Robert Boags of The Firs, Reydon, said: 'I went out last night at about 5.30pm and the car was clean and fine.
'I returned roughly at 11pm and did not notice anything, then I woke up this morning and there was a white substance, which I think is flour, covering the car.'
Two cars belonging to neighbours of Mr Boags were also covered by the substance during the incident.
However, he explains neither his wife, Susan Boags, or the couple's pet dog heard any noise during the time the incident is thought to have taken place.
You may also want to watch:
'As you can imagine I was not happy to say the least, it has caused a considerable degree of annoyance and if this substance turns out to be flour, it will contain gluten and could cause considerable damage which will be a costly exercise to repair,' added, Mr Boags, 66.
A police spokesman said they received a call at 10.17am this morning reporting the incident and were investigating to ascertain what the white substance is.
- 1 'New lease of life' - Pubs ready after £35,000 investment
- 2 'The buzz is great' - Market stall owners take reins at town pub
- 3 Queen writes to Lily, 5, in reply to condolences card
- 4 Empty town centre shop sells at auction
- 5 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for overnight works
- 6 Firefighters rescue kittiwake caught in controversial netting
- 7 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft
- 8 Search continues for Beccles man missing for five days
- 9 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 10 New faces announced for town councils after election votes counted