Whitton Life Centre
The centre, based at 4 The Green, has commenced its autumn programme. There are daily and weekly events for all ages. On Tuesdays and Wednesdays the coffee shop is open from 10.
The centre, based at 4 The Green, has commenced its autumn programme. There are daily and weekly events for all ages. On Tuesdays and Wednesdays the coffee shop is open from 10.30am to 2pm for snacks, and drinks. Children's play area available. On the first and third Wednesday of the month the sewing group meets from 1-3pm. This is an informal group for those who sew, or would like to learn.
The Young at Heart Lunch Club meets on the second Wednesday at Whitton and the fourth Wednesday at St Luke's from 12.30-2.30pm. To book ring Ann on 01502 514774. Cost donation only. For a small charge transport can be arranged.
On Thursdays from 9.30-11.15am there is a mums and dads coffee morning. This is a social group for parents of pre-schoolers, with crafts, games, stories and songs for the children. From 12-2pm the centre is open for family care drop-in, with Credit Union collection point open from 1-3pm for old and new members.
On Fridays the coffee shop is open for full English breakfasts, drinks and snacks, from 10.30am-2pm, with pool, music channels and support. From 1.30-3pm the ladies coffee and chat group meet, pre-schoolers welcome.
You may also want to watch:
There are weekly dance and music workshops for children aged eight to 13 years. Ring Esther Day, community worker, on 0787798760 for information. After school drop-in for eight to 13-year-olds runs from 3.30-5.30pm. Ring Adam for details, 07706815625.
A free copy of the autumn programme is available from the centre.
- 1 17-year-old boy missing for more than a month found
- 2 Fire damages children's play area in Lowestoft
- 3 Man dies following collision on A12
- 4 Roads closed and traffic diverted for pothole repairs
- 5 'Foolish' - Landowner could face prosecution after drilling into trees
- 6 Tools stolen from work van during night time break-in
- 7 Traffic problems as bridge lights stuck on red
- 8 Fishing business will stay in the family as Alex, 16, set to join
- 9 Schoolgirl, 13, makes step up racing ladder ahead of championship
- 10 Work to resume on £15m project to give thousands ultrafast broadband