Whitton Life Centre
The centre, based at 4 The Green, has commenced its autumn programme. There are daily and weekly events for all ages. On Tuesdays and Wednesdays the coffee shop is open from 10.
The centre, based at 4 The Green, has commenced its autumn programme. There are daily and weekly events for all ages. On Tuesdays and Wednesdays the coffee shop is open from 10.30am to 2pm for snacks, and drinks. Children's play area available. On the first and third Wednesday of the month the sewing group meets from 1-3pm. This is an informal group for those who sew, or would like to learn.
The Young at Heart Lunch Club meets on the second Wednesday at Whitton and the fourth Wednesday at St Luke's from 12.30-2.30pm. To book ring Ann on 01502 514774. Cost donation only. For a small charge transport can be arranged.
On Thursdays from 9.30-11.15am there is a mums and dads coffee morning. This is a social group for parents of pre-schoolers, with crafts, games, stories and songs for the children. From 12-2pm the centre is open for family care drop-in, with Credit Union collection point open from 1-3pm for old and new members.
On Fridays the coffee shop is open for full English breakfasts, drinks and snacks, from 10.30am-2pm, with pool, music channels and support. From 1.30-3pm the ladies coffee and chat group meet, pre-schoolers welcome.
You may also want to watch:
There are weekly dance and music workshops for children aged eight to 13 years. Ring Esther Day, community worker, on 0787798760 for information. After school drop-in for eight to 13-year-olds runs from 3.30-5.30pm. Ring Adam for details, 07706815625.
A free copy of the autumn programme is available from the centre.
- 1 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 2 Man suffers broken leg in serious crash on A12
- 3 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 4 'A true icon': England legend unveils sports hall at former school
- 5 Thieves steal Range Rover from street in Lowestoft
- 6 Hunt for man wanted for assaults in Lowestoft
- 7 Person taken to hospital after being rescued from boat
- 8 Refurbished seafront toilet block set on fire in vandalism spree
- 9 'Little soldier' Drew fighting extremely rare muscle condition
- 10 'Don't ask, don't get' - Town council says no to Lowestoft city status bid