Why our town mayor Nick is having a ball
- Credit: Picture: Nick Butcher
THE mayor of Lowestoft this week unveiled plans for a 'great night' of entertainment – and called on people across Waveney to help make it a big success.
The 2013 Mayor's Ball takes place at the Hotel Victoria at Kirkley Cliff in Lowestoft from 7pm on Friday, March 15, with the aim of raising much-needed funds for injured servicemen and women.
After the previous mayor Tod Sullivan revived the event last year, his successor Nick Webb is encouraging everyone to join him for an evening of music and dance in aid of his chosen charity Help for Heroes.
And with tickets already selling fast, Mr Webb said: 'It's going to be a great night. I hope everyone comes and gets behind this event and supports Help for Heroes who will ultimately be the winners.'
Guests at the ball will be served drinks on arrival and will then enjoy a three-course meal. There will also be a raffle and entertainment throughout the evening with music from the Norwich-based Lee Vasey Band and a disco sponsored by Soundraisers of Lowestoft.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Webb said the event 'promises to be a fantastic occasion'.
He said: 'I look forward to seeing as many people there as possible and welcoming everyone there for what is the social event to be seen at for Lowestoft.'
- 1 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 2 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 3 Driver swore at driver he crashed into before speeding off
- 4 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 5 Police appeal for help tracing wanted Suffolk man
- 6 Person rescued after blaze in first floor flat
- 7 15ft-wide abnormal load on A47 this weekend
- 8 Concerns raised over 'excessive' feeding of ducks at popular pond
- 9 Couple who first met at hotel celebrate six decades of marriage
- 10 Everything to see and do in Lowestoft
The mayor paid tribute to the people and businesses who had already supported him, and he urged locals to 'get behind this event'.
'It has been an amazing year so far. My mayoral year has been absolutely tremendous – I could not have asked for better support,' he added.
?Tickets are now on sale at £35 per person, with tables for 10, 12 and 14 also available. For more information, contact the mayor's secretary, Carol George, on 01502 523257 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For menu information, contact the mayor's consort, Sarah Webb, via Lowestoft Town Hall.