Why you should shop locally this harvest
During the harvest season, there is no better time to start buying locally grown and sourced produce.
Friday Street Farm Shop in Farnham is one of the businesses in the area selling the very best local products.
Corrina Shevlin, manager of the farm shop, said: 'Our main trade is fruit and vegetables. Lots of people come for our home grown produce or our stock which comes from other local farms.
'We have a wide range of products and our own butchery with local meats. You can do your weekly shop in a farm shop like ours, we have everything you can think of.
'At the moment we have lovely home grown potatoes and corn on the cobs in stock and apples which have been grown down the road in Sudbourne.'
Choosing to go local couldn't be easier as farm shops and greengrocers are more than ever selling high class produce for a reasonable price.
Ms Shevlin said that when you buy produce locally you buy freshness and the quality is better.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Community rally together after fire rips through family home
- 3 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 4 One person treated at scene of house fire in Lowestoft
- 5 Lowestoft jeweller gets TV spot in Kirstie Allsopp's Handmade Christmas
- 6 Pressure group anger over speeding drivers on busy bypass
- 7 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 8 Fallen tree blocks train lines near Lowestoft
- 9 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 10 Investigations ongoing after stolen moped involved in crash
'It is nice to know where everything comes from. When customers ask us about food we are able to be clued up on where and how it was made.
'I do think that over the last few years we have got a lot busier. People are leaving the supermarkets behind and coming to us,' she added.
'I think it is more friendly here as we take the time to talk to the customer and really get to know our regulars.'
In the run up to Christmas, many will be starting to think about where they will be getting their food for their dinner from. 'We will be stocking all the winter veg you would expect, like hardy vegetables and roots, for a really good lunch.'
For more information go to: www.farmshopsuffolk.co.uk or call 01728 602783.