Why you should shop locally this harvest
During the harvest season, there is no better time to start buying locally grown and sourced produce.
Friday Street Farm Shop in Farnham is one of the businesses in the area selling the very best local products.
Corrina Shevlin, manager of the farm shop, said: 'Our main trade is fruit and vegetables. Lots of people come for our home grown produce or our stock which comes from other local farms.
'We have a wide range of products and our own butchery with local meats. You can do your weekly shop in a farm shop like ours, we have everything you can think of.
'At the moment we have lovely home grown potatoes and corn on the cobs in stock and apples which have been grown down the road in Sudbourne.'
You may also want to watch:
Choosing to go local couldn't be easier as farm shops and greengrocers are more than ever selling high class produce for a reasonable price.
Ms Shevlin said that when you buy produce locally you buy freshness and the quality is better.
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 3 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 4 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 5 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 6 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid
- 7 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight
- 8 Tree planted in memory of town councillor who 'worked tirelessly'
- 9 Millions of bank customers hit by cashpoint and app glitch
- 10 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
'It is nice to know where everything comes from. When customers ask us about food we are able to be clued up on where and how it was made.
'I do think that over the last few years we have got a lot busier. People are leaving the supermarkets behind and coming to us,' she added.
'I think it is more friendly here as we take the time to talk to the customer and really get to know our regulars.'
In the run up to Christmas, many will be starting to think about where they will be getting their food for their dinner from. 'We will be stocking all the winter veg you would expect, like hardy vegetables and roots, for a really good lunch.'
For more information go to: www.farmshopsuffolk.co.uk or call 01728 602783.