Wide support ‘is key to better broadband’
SUFFOLK Chamber of Commerce has added its backing to calls for better broadband links in the county, including the roll-out of new 'superfast' broadband services.
The chamber has signed up to the I'm Backing Better Broadband for Suffolk campaign which was launched earlier this month.
The campaign – which is also being supported by Archant Suffolk, publisher of titles including the East Anglian Daily Times – aims to bring together individuals and groups from across the private and public sectors to give Suffolk a single voice in calling for the delivery of superfast broadband services in the county.
Suffolk Chamber chief executive John Dugmore said: 'We are delighted to sign up to what is one of the most important campaigns in a generation for Suffolk.
'Our county is home to over 25,000 businesses. They want to have a level playing field when competing with others across Britain. To do that, they need better broadband and they need it as soon as possible.'
You may also want to watch:
In a recent letter to Andy Wood, chairman of Choose Suffolk, which is co-ordinating the campaign, Broadband Minister Ed Vaizey said officials were currently 'designing models for commercial deployment of broadband with public support in commercially challenging areas'.
Chamber president Peter Funnell added: 'It is vital that as many businesses as possible back this campaign. We now know more than ever that the Government sees public support as a key pillar to bringing superfast broadband to Suffolk. I would encourage any business, large or small, to log on to www.choosesuffolk.com/betterbroadbandforsuffolk and make sure their voice is heard.'
- 1 Scheme unveiled for former pub and butchers on town's High Street
- 2 Lowestoft man kicked victim in head as he lay on the ground
- 3 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 4 Hunt continues for two men involved in assault in Lowestoft
- 5 'Enough to go around' - Drivers urged not to panic-buy at petrol pumps
- 6 Man's death 'remains unexplained' after body found in Lowestoft
- 7 Hunt for three men 'ongoing' after victim hit during Lowestoft assault
- 8 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles
- 9 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 10 Beccles' first post-pandemic charity ride is a success