WIN! Place on Street Velodrome – entries still being accepted for exciting Lowestoft competition
- Credit: Archant
It is set to be one of the main events of an action-packed weekend – and you could be part ??of all the exciting action on the opening day.
With the Lowestoft Summer Festival being held for the first time this weekend, Channel Four's popular Street Velodrome is set to provide a unique and exciting opportunity to people in the town.
Teaming up with Lowestoft Vision and Street Velodrome UK, The Journal is today offering FOUR lucky readers the chance to secure a place on one of the teams in the corporate races on the Saturday afternoon.
This exclusive corporate racing package runs on Saturday, July 18, between 3.30pm and 6pm, including a coaching session for the riders, before taking part of the corporate races – with each rider having at least four races.
With bikes and all equipment provided on the day, each race will have a commentator and each rider's race time will be recorded as racing is split into round robin heats followed by a semi-final and final.
You may also want to watch:
Street Velodrome UK will be in Lowestoft town centre over the whole of next weekend, July 18 and 19.
The world's only pop up circuit provides all the thrills of Olympic-style pursuit racing.
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 3 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 4 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 5 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 6 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid
- 7 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight
- 8 Tree planted in memory of town councillor who 'worked tirelessly'
- 9 Millions of bank customers hit by cashpoint and app glitch
- 10 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
Next Saturday there will be a local schools competition and battle of the businesses, as corporate racing provides competent riders with a thrilling, adrenaline filled riding experience.
The professionals later take part in the national series event from 3pm on Sunday, with riders including Jack Ravenscroft, who is the Under-23 Team GB Cyclocross champion, and Jess Stone, who was the 2010 British Downhill Champion.
Some of the other activities planned for the inaugural Lowestoft Summer Festival are parade on the prom, seafront trail, women on wheels, a sandcastle competition and sports demonstrations.
To be in with a chance of winning, just answer the below question correctly:
Name one of the professional riders taking part in the Lowestoft event?
A) Jack Ravenscroft
B) Chris Froome
C) Bradley Wiggins
Send your entries to: Street Velodrome Competition, The Journal, 147 London Road North, Lowestoft NR32 1NB, by this Thursday, July 16 or alternatively email your answers to email@example.com
The editor's decision is final. Usual Archant rules apply. Copies available on request.