Win tickets to See Lee Evans live at the Marina Theatre on Tuesday
- Credit: Archant
His manic, high-energy performances have earned him a massive following across the UK and beyond, and he now regularly packs out some of the biggest venues in the country.
But comedy fans in the Lowestoft area are in for a real treat next week when Lee Evans returns to the town for a one-off appearance at the Marina Theatre. And you could be there to enjoy it!
The award-winning star will be bringing a Work In Progress show to the Marina this Tuesday, and Journal readers have a chance to win a pair of tickets for the sell-out performance.
Last month, after details of the show were announced, some fans waited outside the theatre all night in the hope of securing tickets – and the queues in the town centre the following morning stretched right down London Road North as far as Palmers department store.
In a unique opportunity, the audience at the Marina will be able to join the record-breaking comic as he tries out some brand new material for his forthcoming Monsters Arena Tour.
You may also want to watch:
Suffice to say, side-splitting laughter is guaranteed!
Lee Evans' visit comes just a few weeks after the Marina announced that comedian Jimmy Carr was to perform an extra late night show on July 19, after tickets for his show sold out in record time.
- 1 Scheme unveiled for former pub and butchers on town's High Street
- 2 Lowestoft man kicked victim in head as he lay on the ground
- 3 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 4 'Enough to go around' - Drivers urged not to panic-buy at petrol pumps
- 5 Hunt continues for two men involved in assault in Lowestoft
- 6 Man's death 'remains unexplained' after body found in Lowestoft
- 7 Hunt for three men 'ongoing' after victim hit during Lowestoft assault
- 8 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles
- 9 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 10 Beccles' first post-pandemic charity ride is a success
The theatre recently hosted sell-out performances by Jon Richardson and Jason Manford. The host of Channel 4's Stand Up For The week, Paul Chowdhry, will also be appearing at the venue in September, as will the Iranian actor and comedian Omid Djalili. He will be followed by the hugely popular Jimeoin and Radio 4's Mark Steel in October, with Marcus Brigstocke on stage in November.
?For a chance to win a pair of tickets to see Lee Evans' sell-out show at the Marina Theatre simply answer the question, fill out the entry form in The Journal and send it to: Lee Evans Competition, The Journal, 147 London Road North, Lowestoft NR32 1NB – to arrive by first post on Tuesday. Forms can also be dropped out at The Journal office.
?The winner will be contacted by telephone by Tuesday lunchtime. The editor's decision is final. Usual Archant competition rules apply. Copies available on request.
Due to production problems the story in today's Journal published incorrect details of the competition dates.