Deadlines announced for primary and secondary school applications
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Parents and carers are now able to apply for primary and secondary school places across Suffolk for next year.
People have until the end of next month to submit their application to secure their child's place at a Suffolk secondary school for September 2020.
The deadline for applications to secure a place at a Suffolk secondary school - which includes high and upper schools - is Thursday, October 31 2019.
For a primary school - which includes infant and junior schools - it is Wednesday, January 15.
Parents and carers need to be aware that some schools have their own admissions policy which sets out how places will be prioritised.
You may also want to watch:
When applying for their preferred school people also need to consider how they will get their child to and from school.
Gordon Jones, Suffolk County Council's cabinet member for children's services, education and skills, said: "Making the right school choice is one of the most important decisions a parent makes on behalf of their child."
Information to help parents and carers make their application is available at www.suffolk.gov.uk/admissions
- 1 'Slowly drowning' - Publican's concerns over Tier 2 restrictions
- 2 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 3 Bridge to close with traffic set to be diverted
- 4 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 5 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 6 Nine arrests after baseball bats and knives used in brawl in village
- 7 Safety plea after child pictured at base of crumbling cliff
- 8 Police arrest wanted 55-year-old man who was missing for 5 months
- 9 Trial date set for man accused of assaulting two police officers
- 10 Merger plans unveiled for four pupil referral unit schools