Winelodge bar in Oulton Broad closes with ‘immediate effect’
- Credit: Archant � 2013
Owners of the Winelodge bar and Escape nightclub in Oulton Broad have confirmed the venues will be closed with 'immediate effect'.
A statement on the Escape Club-Lounge Facebook page read: 'Winelodge Bars and Escape Club-Lounge would like to inform all our customers we have closed with immediate effect.
'It is with great sadness and extreme disappointment we have to share this news.
'We would like to say a massive thank you to everyone who joined us for our popular events.
'It's been a pleasure providing a safe environment for you all to enjoy a great night out, and we had an amazing time partying with you all.'
You may also want to watch:
Recently, the nightclub had its request to sell alcohol until 2am turned down after nearby residents raised concerns about anti-social behaviour.
Penny Forrest, who owns Mill House, opposite Winelodge, said: 'I am of course sad when any fellow businessman closes their business but residents cannot help but be extremely relieved.
- 1 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 2 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 3 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 4 Driver swore at driver he crashed into before speeding off
- 5 Police appeal for help tracing wanted Suffolk man
- 6 Person rescued after blaze in first floor flat
- 7 Concerns raised over 'excessive' feeding of ducks at popular pond
- 8 Swimmer in trouble at sea sparks lifeboat and coastguards response
- 9 15ft-wide abnormal load on A47 this weekend
- 10 Everything to see and do in Lowestoft
'It has always been a problem for us, before Mr Burlingham was owner, so it is nothing personal.
'I hope when it opens again it will be an enterprise which becomes a community asset.'
What do you think about Winelodge's closure? Write, giving your full contact details, to: Journal Postbox, 147 London Road North, Lowestoft NR32 1NB or email firstname.lastname@example.org