Winelodge to open again as new owner buys building
- Credit: Archant © 2013
After standing empty for nearly a year, a new owner has bought a former popular nightspot.
The Winelodge had been a well-known brand in the town since 2005 until it closed down at the start of the year.
Tony Burlingham, who owns a string of hotels across Norfolk, said he hoped to open the Winelodge within days.
After buying the building last week for an undisclosed sum, Mr Burlingham said he would be applying for a late licence, 'in line with everybody else in the area'.
He added the function room would not be open as late as under the venue's previous ownership.
You may also want to watch:
'There will now be 100 rooms, all belonging to me,' he said.
'There will also be a business centre and a function room.'
- 1 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft
- 2 Local elections 2021: Green gains and Conservative majority in east Suffolk
- 3 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 4 Man who set up cannabis farm warned he will be jailed
- 5 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 6 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 7 Campervan ban lifted in 12 car parks by the coast
- 8 'Absolutely amazing' - Visually impaired teen completes walking challenge
- 9 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 10 Man, 22, charged over stabbing as victim remains 'critical'
Previous owner David Pickess said in February this year that it was 'with great sadness' that the venue in Bridge Road would have to close, adding: 'Unfortunately due to the current economic climate, high costs of running both buildings we have had to make several cutbacks recently.'
Waveney District Council's Licensing Sub-Committee met on Monday (December 21) and approved two Temporary Event Notices for the venue for parties on Boxing Day and New Year's Eve.
It allows for the sale of alcohol and regulated entertainment between the hours of 10pm and 3am on both nights.