Winners crowned in Journal’s Bonny Baby contest
- Credit: Nick Butcher
The cutest tots have been crowned in our annual Bonny Baby competition.
Every year The Journal asks readers to vote for the photogenic baby boys and girls from across the town and the surrounding area.
This year we teamed up with portrait specialists Picture Studios, based next to Tesco in London Road North, Lowestoft town centre, where parents could take their child for a photo sitting and be in with a chance of winning some fantastic prizes.
And with prizes in two categories, there were winners in the up to 11 months baby section, and 12 months to five years category – who each won a 20in x 16in canvas texture portrait, valued at £228 apiece.
In total 79 youngsters competed for the prize in a closely fought contest.
You may also want to watch:
In the end it was Clair Ford's daughter Akira, now six months old, who triumphed in the younger category, while two-year-old Oliver Harris took the honours in the older toddlers category.
Journal editor Andrew Papworth said: 'Our Bonny Baby competition has this year proved as popular as ever. It is great to see so many entries. Anyone voting was truly spoilt for choice.
- 1 Police arrest wanted 55-year-old man who was missing for 5 months
- 2 Nine arrests after baseball bats and knives used in brawl in village
- 3 Seven arrested and three charged with supplying cocaine after large police presence in village
- 4 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 5 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 6 Bridge to close with traffic set to be diverted
- 7 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 8 Safety plea after child pictured at base of crumbling cliff
- 9 'Slowly drowning' - Publican's concerns over Tier 2 restrictions
- 10 Cannabis factory discovered after police called to burglary
'A huge thanks must also go to Picture Studios for taking some wonderful photos and providing fabulous prizes.'
As well as the winning prizes, there were also prizes for the runners-up in each category.
Picture Studios has been successfully trading in Lowestoft town centre since October 2005.