Winners of Southwold Arts Festival photo competition announced
- Credit: Archant
The results have been announced for Southwold Arts Festival's photographic competition.
Entries, which had to be photos of Southwold taken this year, were made during the week-long festival at the end of June.
The panel of judges, consisting of photographer Stephen Wolfenden, Adnams content manager Sarah Groves and Suffolk artist Mary Gundry, have been deliberating over the best photographs in the under 16s and 16 and over categories.
In the Under 16s category, Taylor Collins, aged 15 and from South Walsham, took first place for her energetic photo entitled 'No Time to Rest.'
In the 16 and over bracket, Jason Runnquist from Southwold won with the quirky 'Family Day Out.'
You may also want to watch:
Both winners took home a Fuji Instax instant camera, donated by Wells Photographic of Southwold.
Event organiser Graham Denny commented on receiving 'some great pictures', with one entry coming from as far as Queensland, Australia.
The top three entries from both categories can be viewed at southwoldartsfestival.co.uk/photography-competition-2017.
- 1 Free parking for 30 minutes at 48 car parks
- 2 Family 'truly moved' as crowds remember building company founder
- 3 Town's Post Office boost ahead of Christmas rush
- 4 Refurbishment of 'incredibly important structure' confirmed
- 5 'More substantial than a Scotch egg': Pub creates the 'Botched egg'
- 6 Will Suffolk see snow as wintry showers hit before the weekend?
- 7 Plea for answers after blacksmith's 'devastating' death
- 8 Illegal puppy farm warning as one in ten plan to buy dog for Christmas
- 9 How Norfolk and Waveney MPs voted in coronavirus tiers vote
- 10 Lack of information sharing 'could lead to more deaths' after 95-year-old attacked