Winners of Southwold Arts Festival photo competition announced
- Credit: Archant
The results have been announced for Southwold Arts Festival's photographic competition.
Entries, which had to be photos of Southwold taken this year, were made during the week-long festival at the end of June.
The panel of judges, consisting of photographer Stephen Wolfenden, Adnams content manager Sarah Groves and Suffolk artist Mary Gundry, have been deliberating over the best photographs in the under 16s and 16 and over categories.
In the Under 16s category, Taylor Collins, aged 15 and from South Walsham, took first place for her energetic photo entitled 'No Time to Rest.'
In the 16 and over bracket, Jason Runnquist from Southwold won with the quirky 'Family Day Out.'
You may also want to watch:
Both winners took home a Fuji Instax instant camera, donated by Wells Photographic of Southwold.
Event organiser Graham Denny commented on receiving 'some great pictures', with one entry coming from as far as Queensland, Australia.
The top three entries from both categories can be viewed at southwoldartsfestival.co.uk/photography-competition-2017.
- 1 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 2 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 3 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 4 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 5 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school
- 6 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 7 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 8 NessFest to return to Lowestoft with free events all week
- 9 Man on walking tour of UK's coastline 'met with so much love' in Suffolk
- 10 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'