Woman assaulted by burglar in Lowestoft raid
A 42-YEAR-OLD woman suffered injuries to her eye after she was assaulted by a burglar who she had disturbed inside her home in Lowestoft.
The woman entered her home in Lorne Road about 5.35pm yesterday (Monday) with her teenage son just ahead of her. He spotted someone in their home and instinctively tried to stop him.
The robber fled out of the house past the 42-year-old woman who made a grab for him but he assaulted her before running off towards Beaconsfield Road. A second man was also seen leaving the property and a 37-inch TV had been stolen from the house.
Police immediately attended and began carrying out enquiries. They spoke to a man who had been walking his dog who had seen a boy – described as white, about 5ft tall, around 12- 14 years old with short mid-brown hair and wearing a grey hooded top with darker bottoms - carrying a TV on his shoulders/ back.
This boy then met up with two others – one described as being slightly taller at about 5ft 4ins and older, around 14, with short dark hair wearing a dark jumper and dark tracksuit bottoms, the other younger, possibly around ten, under 5ft tall, wearing a red top under a black jumper and black trousers.
You may also want to watch:
'Police need to trace the three and are asking anyone who saw them in the area or anyone with information about who they are to call DC 1087 Pybus at Lowestoft CID on 01986 835300,' a police spokesman said. 'Police are also again urging anyone who notices any suspicious behaviour to call officers immediately using 999.'
- 1 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 2 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 3 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 4 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 5 Pizza branch to expand into another unit
- 6 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 7 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 8 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 9 Power tools stolen during Lowestoft shed burglary
- 10 Man caught with indecent images of children as young as two to be sentenced