Woman assaulted in Lowestoft
A 31-YEAR-OLD woman was assaulted as she walked along Lowestoft High Street.
The woman was not far from Mariners Street, about 12.05am yesterday (Sunday, January 16) and was walking along with a female friend when they noticed a couple and the young woman appeared to be crying.
As they got closer the woman suddenly became aggressive and assaulted the 31-year-old. The man in the couple also joined in.
The 31-year-old's friend called police and the couple then left, heading towards Yarmouth Road. The 31-year-old was not injured in the attack, but police need to trace the two, who are both described as being in their late teens to mid 20s.
The man was wearing a black top and pale blue jeans while the young woman had dark hair in a bob style and was wearing a white polka-dot mini skirt and dark tights.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who saw the incident or who has any information about those involved is asked to call PC 1705 Dines on 01986 835300.
- 1 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 2 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
- 3 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 4 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man
- 5 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 6 Iconic hospital likely to be sold to private developer
- 7 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 8 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 9 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week
- 10 Man charged after late night crash in Lowestoft