Woman dies following Southwold crash
Mark BoggisA WOMAN has died following a crash in Southwold this morning. Police investigations are underway after an 'older lady' was involved in a collision with a car on Wednesday morning.Mark Boggis
A WOMAN has died following a crash in Southwold this morning.
Police investigations are underway after an 'older lady' was involved in a collision with a car on Wednesday morning.
'Officers were called to the Godyll Road/Lorne Road area of Southwold just after 11.30am by the ambulance service who reported there had been a collision between a car and a pedestrian,' a police spokesman said.
'On arrival emergency services found an older lady unconscious in the road. The woman died at the scene a short time later.'
You may also want to watch:
Police have revealed that the car also collided with other parked vehicles and a wall, and a man has subsequently been taken to the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston for treatment.
Officers are asking anyone who saw the incident to call the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 01473 613500.
- 1 Man in 30s dies after crash on A12
- 2 Man fled into KFC after being chased at knifepoint in Lowestoft
- 3 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 4 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 5 Two men assaulted at children's play park
- 6 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 7 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
- 8 Dancing doc, 93, boogies for four hours in town centre for charity
- 9 Man who downloaded indecent images of children avoids jail
- 10 More fatal crashes on Suffolk roads this year already than whole of 2020