Woman dies following Southwold crash
Mark BoggisA WOMAN has died following a crash in Southwold this morning. Police investigations are underway after an 'older lady' was involved in a collision with a car on Wednesday morning.Mark Boggis
A WOMAN has died following a crash in Southwold this morning.
Police investigations are underway after an 'older lady' was involved in a collision with a car on Wednesday morning.
'Officers were called to the Godyll Road/Lorne Road area of Southwold just after 11.30am by the ambulance service who reported there had been a collision between a car and a pedestrian,' a police spokesman said.
'On arrival emergency services found an older lady unconscious in the road. The woman died at the scene a short time later.'
You may also want to watch:
Police have revealed that the car also collided with other parked vehicles and a wall, and a man has subsequently been taken to the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston for treatment.
Officers are asking anyone who saw the incident to call the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 01473 613500.
- 1 'One crazy decision' - Mother's anguish over son's death as dealer jailed
- 2 Five new businesses to discover in Lowestoft as lockdown eases
- 3 Sergeant reveals what's in store for new TV show with Suffolk police team
- 4 Smokehouse to be showcased on BBC One’s Antiques Road Trip
- 5 Police thank public after tracing Lowestoft woman
- 6 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 7 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend
- 8 Boy attacked by man in woodland in Lowestoft
- 9 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 10 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for a week