Woman dies following Southwold crash
Mark BoggisA WOMAN has died following a crash in Southwold this morning. Police investigations are underway after an 'older lady' was involved in a collision with a car on Wednesday morning.Mark Boggis
A WOMAN has died following a crash in Southwold this morning.
Police investigations are underway after an 'older lady' was involved in a collision with a car on Wednesday morning.
'Officers were called to the Godyll Road/Lorne Road area of Southwold just after 11.30am by the ambulance service who reported there had been a collision between a car and a pedestrian,' a police spokesman said.
'On arrival emergency services found an older lady unconscious in the road. The woman died at the scene a short time later.'
Police have revealed that the car also collided with other parked vehicles and a wall, and a man has subsequently been taken to the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston for treatment.
Officers are asking anyone who saw the incident to call the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 01473 613500.
- 1 Suffolk seaside village named among coastal property hotspots
- 2 67-year-old Lowestoft drug dealer found with £200,000 of cocaine jailed
- 3 Pub landlord cautious but optimistic over new Omicron variant
- 4 Garden transformed into Christmas winter wonderland for local causes
- 5 Milk in the spotlight for thought provoking projection in Lowestoft
- 6 Man arrested in connection with Lowestoft assault
- 7 'Wonderful': Stunning portrait of 'A Lowestoft Man' delights all
- 8 Council to create new trading company to deliver key services
- 9 Lowestoft car damaged after being covered in food and brake fluid
- 10 Man found by police after Honda stolen from car park