Woman dies following Southwold crash
Mark BoggisA WOMAN has died following a crash in Southwold this morning. Police investigations are underway after an 'older lady' was involved in a collision with a car on Wednesday morning.Mark Boggis
A WOMAN has died following a crash in Southwold this morning.
Police investigations are underway after an 'older lady' was involved in a collision with a car on Wednesday morning.
'Officers were called to the Godyll Road/Lorne Road area of Southwold just after 11.30am by the ambulance service who reported there had been a collision between a car and a pedestrian,' a police spokesman said.
'On arrival emergency services found an older lady unconscious in the road. The woman died at the scene a short time later.'
Police have revealed that the car also collided with other parked vehicles and a wall, and a man has subsequently been taken to the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston for treatment.
Officers are asking anyone who saw the incident to call the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 01473 613500.
- 1 Artist's impression gives glimpse of how £14.7m Cultural Quarter could look
- 2 Chance of a bargain as home goes under the hammer for £60,000
- 3 Retail park nuisance drivers cause misery with 'revving and noisy exhausts'
- 4 New hair salon opens up with its very own puppy on the premises
- 5 Lowestoft woman wanted by police on recall to prison
- 6 New lease of life for former Lowestoft town centre menswear store
- 7 Brickwork students enjoy masterclass at development site
- 8 Hospital opens £1.2m eye operation theatre to cut waiting times
- 9 Road to be closed as next phase of major flood defence works begin
- 10 Vicious burglars jailed for 25 years for 'utterly terrifying' raid