Woman dies following Southwold crash
Mark BoggisA WOMAN has died following a crash in Southwold this morning. Police investigations are underway after an 'older lady' was involved in a collision with a car on Wednesday morning.Mark Boggis
A WOMAN has died following a crash in Southwold this morning.
Police investigations are underway after an 'older lady' was involved in a collision with a car on Wednesday morning.
'Officers were called to the Godyll Road/Lorne Road area of Southwold just after 11.30am by the ambulance service who reported there had been a collision between a car and a pedestrian,' a police spokesman said.
'On arrival emergency services found an older lady unconscious in the road. The woman died at the scene a short time later.'
You may also want to watch:
Police have revealed that the car also collided with other parked vehicles and a wall, and a man has subsequently been taken to the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston for treatment.
Officers are asking anyone who saw the incident to call the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 01473 613500.
- 1 Projects to restore axed rail routes get £794m boost
- 2 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 3 Minke whale to be removed from Lowestoft beach
- 4 New outdoor theatre hopes to bring post lockdown performances to the woods
- 5 A life in agony: 27-year-old's daily torture battling constant pain
- 6 Hundreds receive coronavirus vaccine at pharmacy
- 7 Rapid Covid test sites planned for Bury St Edmunds and Lowestoft
- 8 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 9 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 10 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences