Woman airlifted to hospital after falling from window
- Credit: Archant
A woman has been airlifted to hospital after falling from a window.
The accident happened at around 2pm in Marine Parade, Lowestoft, earlier today (Sunday, October 7).
Witnesses reported seeing an air ambulance, two ambulances, a fire engine and numerous police cars as emergency services worked together to care for the woman.
A Suffolk Police spokesman said: 'Police assisted our ambulance colleagues to treat the female who is not believed to have sustained life threatening injuries. She was taken by air ambulance to Addenbrooke's Hospital.'
The air ambulance, which had landed at Royal Green car park, took the injured woman to hospital at around 3.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman added: 'The road was temporarily closed whilst treatment was administered and is now fully open.'
The temporary road closure caused widespread traffic disruption through the town.
- 1 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 2 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 3 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 4 How well do you know Lowestoft?
- 5 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 6 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 7 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 8 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 9 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 10 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
Al Fisher, whose bus was diverted due to the closure, said: 'It was quite chaotic as traffic was still trying to turn into Marine Parade from the Bascule Bridge.'