Woman found in Lowestoft after search
A WOMAN was taken to hospital yesterday evening after a dinghy failed to return to Lowestoft Harbour.An extensive search at sea was launched as the South Broads lifeboat team was called out just after 9pm on Monday (March 9).
A WOMAN was taken to hospital yesterday evening after a dinghy failed to return to Lowestoft Harbour.
An extensive search at sea was launched as the South Broads lifeboat team was called out just after 9pm on Monday (March 9).
The woman had left the harbour on her dinghy at around 5pm but when she didn't return after a few hours, Yarmouth Coastguard were alerted and the South Broads Lifeboat was launched.
'The South Broads 4x4 was sent by road to Lowestoft Marina and launched the inshore lifeboat, and along with a second crew utilising the Newson's Boatyard motor launch a former RNLI boarding boat, the two boats started searching along the river,' South Broads Lifeboat spokesman Scott Snowling said.
You may also want to watch:
'After an extensive search of the western end of Lake Lothing and the old Brooke Marine site, including bank searches by lifeboat and coastguard volunteers, the casualty was found adrift near the old Shell base, suffering from hyperthermia and a suspected broken arm.'
The lifeboat took the woman to Lowestoft's Haven Marina and an ambulance took her to hospital as the South Broads team returned the dinghy to the woman's boat, with the lifeboat being refuelled and ready for service by 10.45pm.
- 1 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 2 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 3 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
- 4 Iconic hospital likely to be sold to private developer
- 5 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 6 Latitude Festival 2021: Supergrass kicks off sunny second day
- 7 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 8 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 9 Man charged after late night crash in Lowestoft
- 10 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man