Woman hit over head with bottle
A WOMAN was hit over the head with a bottle during a fight with another woman at a Suffolk pub, it has been alleged.Charlotte Triptree, 20, became involved with an argument with Kerry Hood in the beer garden of The Fleece Pub, in Bungay, Ipswich Crown Court heard yesterday.
A WOMAN was hit over the head with a bottle during a fight with another woman at a Suffolk pub, it has been alleged.
Charlotte Triptree, 20, became involved with an argument with Kerry Hood in the beer garden of The Fleece Pub, in Bungay, Ipswich Crown Court heard yesterday.
'They knew each other from school and from living in the same small community,' said Robert Sadd, prosecuting.
He said that on the evening in question, in July last year, the two women had been standing reasonably close to each other when something was said between them which caused a 'degree of disquiet'.
You may also want to watch:
Triptree had allegedly grabbed hold of Miss Hood round the body and they had then separated. However, shortly afterwards there had been another confrontation and Triptree had allegedly hit Miss Hood over the head with a bottle causing a small cut.
Triptree, of Broad Street, Bungay, has denied an offence of assault causing actual bodily harm on July 5 last year.
- 1 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 2 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week
- 3 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man
- 4 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
- 5 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 6 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 7 Sexual misconduct allegations against Suffolk police officers revealed under FoI laws
- 8 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 9 Brit Award winner cancels Latitude and Norwich shows due to Covid
- 10 Man charged after late night crash in Lowestoft
The court heard that when she was interviewed by police she accepted she had been involved in a confrontation, but denied deliberately hitting Miss Hood on the head with a bottle.
The trial continues today.