Woman hit over head with bottle
A WOMAN was hit over the head with a bottle during a fight with another woman at a Suffolk pub, it has been alleged.Charlotte Triptree, 20, became involved with an argument with Kerry Hood in the beer garden of The Fleece Pub, in Bungay, Ipswich Crown Court heard yesterday.
A WOMAN was hit over the head with a bottle during a fight with another woman at a Suffolk pub, it has been alleged.
Charlotte Triptree, 20, became involved with an argument with Kerry Hood in the beer garden of The Fleece Pub, in Bungay, Ipswich Crown Court heard yesterday.
'They knew each other from school and from living in the same small community,' said Robert Sadd, prosecuting.
He said that on the evening in question, in July last year, the two women had been standing reasonably close to each other when something was said between them which caused a 'degree of disquiet'.
You may also want to watch:
Triptree had allegedly grabbed hold of Miss Hood round the body and they had then separated. However, shortly afterwards there had been another confrontation and Triptree had allegedly hit Miss Hood over the head with a bottle causing a small cut.
Triptree, of Broad Street, Bungay, has denied an offence of assault causing actual bodily harm on July 5 last year.
- 1 Woman's warning after being targeted in Royal Mail scam
- 2 Anger after trees 'cut down without any consent'
- 3 Mum's upset after church clears baby daughter's grave
- 4 Covid-19 timeline: How Lowestoft responded to the pandemic
- 5 Charred remains show aftermath of fire at children's play area
- 6 Which Norfolk Wetherspoons pubs are reopening from April 12?
- 7 First lockdown restrictions lifted today - what can you do now?
- 8 Preparation begins for Lowestoft's crucial flood defence work
- 9 Golf club forced to move tees after dunes collapse
- 10 Cooler conditions keep crowds away from east coast
The court heard that when she was interviewed by police she accepted she had been involved in a confrontation, but denied deliberately hitting Miss Hood on the head with a bottle.
The trial continues today.