Woman hurt in north Suffolk bridge drama
A YOUNG woman was taken to hospital today after she suffered chest and head injuries when colliding with a bridge in north Suffolk.The accident happened just before 9.
A YOUNG woman was taken to hospital today after she suffered chest and head injuries when colliding with a bridge in north Suffolk.
The accident happened just before 9.45am while the 24-year-old was on a boat at Crown Cruisers Ltd's marina in Somerleyton, near Lowestoft.
The extent of the woman's injuries are unknown, although the East Anglian Air Ambulance was called to attend but was not needed to take her to hospital.
After treatment by paramedics, the woman was taken to James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston by land ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk police confirmed they were informed of the accident, which happened near The Street in Somerleyton, but did not attend.
- 1 Delays expected for bridge works
- 2 Lockdown inspires key worker to lose six stone in weight
- 3 Dad 'relieved' after stolen car found through power of social media
- 4 Border Force alerted after lifeboat recovers abandoned dinghy
- 5 Cultural hub could transform 'key town centre site' in £35m project
- 6 What is the future for Lowestoft's historic high street?
- 7 Teen lands in court over spate of thefts from vehicles
- 8 Storms uncover another large Suffolk shipwreck
- 9 Couple separated by Covid reunited for 65th anniversary
- 10 Hospital order for man who attacked mother with metal bar