Woman hurt in north Suffolk bridge drama
A YOUNG woman was taken to hospital today after she suffered chest and head injuries when colliding with a bridge in north Suffolk.The accident happened just before 9.
A YOUNG woman was taken to hospital today after she suffered chest and head injuries when colliding with a bridge in north Suffolk.
The accident happened just before 9.45am while the 24-year-old was on a boat at Crown Cruisers Ltd's marina in Somerleyton, near Lowestoft.
The extent of the woman's injuries are unknown, although the East Anglian Air Ambulance was called to attend but was not needed to take her to hospital.
After treatment by paramedics, the woman was taken to James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston by land ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk police confirmed they were informed of the accident, which happened near The Street in Somerleyton, but did not attend.
- 1 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 2 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 3 Drivers warned of disruption as work carried out on Bascule Bridge
- 4 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 5 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 6 'A golden medal from your hometown': Amazing support for Olympian
- 7 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 8 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 9 Delays 'possible' warning ahead of footway works in Lowestoft
- 10 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls