Woman injured after Southwold crash
A WOMAN is in a 'serious' condition in hospital following a collision between a car and pedestrian.The emergency services are currently on the scene of the crash, which happened in Southwold at 11.
A WOMAN is in a 'serious' condition in hospital following a collision between a car and pedestrian.
The emergency services are currently on the scene of the crash, which happened in Southwold at 11.30am this morning (Wednesday) and the woman has been taken to hospital with 'serious injuries' according to a police spokesman.
The crash happened in the Godyll Road/Lorne Road area of town, and motorists are being asked to avoid the area.
A man, who was driving the car, is also being treated for head injuries and shock following the crash.
You may also want to watch:
More details about this incident will be added to The Journal website once they are known.
- 1 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 2 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 3 Woman in 60s airlifted to hospital after medical emergency
- 4 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 5 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 6 Works to restore shopfronts dating back to 1860s on High Street
- 7 Dad's anger as Lowestoft play area closed off months after daughter's fall
- 8 Fresh warning after shed burglaries in Lowestoft
- 9 Car battery stolen after 'bonnet forced open' during overnight theft
- 10 Work to locate 'buried oil deposits' on beach after Eleni V tanker spill