Woman injured in Lowestoft crash
A WOMAN suffered injuries to her neck after a single-vehicle crash in Lowestoft today.The emergency services are currently on the scene of the road traffic collision at Battery Green Road.
A WOMAN suffered injuries to her neck after a single-vehicle crash in Lowestoft today.
The emergency services are currently on the scene of the road traffic collision at Battery Green Road.
A police spokesman told The Journal: 'Police were called to Battery Green Road, close to the Fisherman's Mission, at 2.35pm on Monday following a report that the traffic lights at the pedestrian crossing has been damaged by a single-vehicle road traffic collision.'
Firefighters were subsequently called to the scene following reports that radiator fluid was seen coming from the vehicle. An ambulance was also called out after the woman suffered injuries to her neck.
You may also want to watch:
The crash involved a red Citroen Berlingo van, and the damage caused to the traffic lights has led to a team from Highways being called-out as 'live wires' are exposed.
- 1 'Be vigilant' - man's warning after attempted car break-in
- 2 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 3 Driver arrested for third time after drug driving
- 4 Centre of Lowestoft is a 'coronavirus hotspot'
- 5 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 6 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
- 7 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 8 Pharmacy announced as latest site to begin coronavirus vaccinations
- 9 People 'clambering over and fishing from' danger defences
- 10 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales