Woman injured in Lowestoft crash
A WOMAN suffered injuries to her neck after a single-vehicle crash in Lowestoft today.The emergency services are currently on the scene of the road traffic collision at Battery Green Road.
A WOMAN suffered injuries to her neck after a single-vehicle crash in Lowestoft today.
The emergency services are currently on the scene of the road traffic collision at Battery Green Road.
A police spokesman told The Journal: 'Police were called to Battery Green Road, close to the Fisherman's Mission, at 2.35pm on Monday following a report that the traffic lights at the pedestrian crossing has been damaged by a single-vehicle road traffic collision.'
Firefighters were subsequently called to the scene following reports that radiator fluid was seen coming from the vehicle. An ambulance was also called out after the woman suffered injuries to her neck.
You may also want to watch:
The crash involved a red Citroen Berlingo van, and the damage caused to the traffic lights has led to a team from Highways being called-out as 'live wires' are exposed.
- 1 Man in 30s dies after crash on A12
- 2 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 3 Two men assaulted at children's play park
- 4 Man fled into KFC after being chased at knifepoint in Lowestoft
- 5 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 6 Dancing doc, 93, boogies for four hours in town centre for charity
- 7 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 8 More fatal crashes on Suffolk roads this year already than whole of 2020
- 9 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
- 10 Lowestoft man denies breaching restraining order moments after it was made