Woman injured in Lowestoft crash
A WOMAN suffered injuries to her neck after a single-vehicle crash in Lowestoft today.The emergency services are currently on the scene of the road traffic collision at Battery Green Road.
A WOMAN suffered injuries to her neck after a single-vehicle crash in Lowestoft today.
The emergency services are currently on the scene of the road traffic collision at Battery Green Road.
A police spokesman told The Journal: 'Police were called to Battery Green Road, close to the Fisherman's Mission, at 2.35pm on Monday following a report that the traffic lights at the pedestrian crossing has been damaged by a single-vehicle road traffic collision.'
Firefighters were subsequently called to the scene following reports that radiator fluid was seen coming from the vehicle. An ambulance was also called out after the woman suffered injuries to her neck.
You may also want to watch:
The crash involved a red Citroen Berlingo van, and the damage caused to the traffic lights has led to a team from Highways being called-out as 'live wires' are exposed.
- 1 Woman scared to leave her house after being closely followed by man
- 2 'Welcome back!' - Glasses raised as popular pub reopens
- 3 Woman punched on the ground after walking crutch was kicked away
- 4 Pub and restaurant group 'looking forward' to re-opening popular venues
- 5 'Innovative' new street light sparks interest on the coast
- 6 'A real buzz' hits Lowestoft as lockdown rules ease
- 7 Boy attacked by man in woodland in Lowestoft
- 8 Lowestoft mother spared jail after admitting cruelty to one-year-old son
- 9 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 10 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for a week