Woman in 20s suffers serious leg injuries in late night crash
- Credit: Google Images
A woman was taken to hospital with serious injuries following a late night crash on a village road.
Police are seeking witnesses after the crash led to the A144 Halesworth Road in Ilketshall St Lawrence being temporarily closed.
A car and a motorcyclist were involved in the collision which happened shortly after 10pm on Tuesday, April 20.
A police spokesman said: "A blue Mitsubishi Lancer, travelling towards Bungay, was involved in a collision with a motorcyclist travelling in the opposite direction.
"The motorcyclist, a woman in her 20s, suffered serious leg injuries and was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
"The driver of the car, a man in his 30s, was uninjured."
Three fire crews from Halesworth, Bungay and Lowestoft South fire stations spent just over 50 minutes at the scene after they were alerted at 10.11pm.
- 1 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 2 CCTV shows moment father who died was restrained by Pontins security staff
- 3 'New lease of life' - Pubs ready after £35,000 investment
- 4 RNLI called out to rescue 'soggy doggy'
- 5 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for overnight works
- 6 'The buzz is great' - Market stall owners take reins at town pub
- 7 Empty town centre shop sells at auction
- 8 'Dangerous' neck restraint led to death of Pontins guest, inquest finds
- 9 Queen writes to Lily, 5, in reply to condolences card
- 10 Search continues for Beccles man missing for five days
The road was closed as initial investigations were carried out.
The spokesman added: "Officers are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the manner of driving of the vehicles involved shortly before the incident."
Witnesses should contact the Roads and Armed Policing Team on 101, quoting CAD 425 of April 20 via 101.