Woman punched in face in Lowestoft robbery
POLICE are hunting three men wearing dark clothing after a 28-year-old woman was punched in the face and property stolen from her home in Lowestoft.
Detectives have condemened the attack as 'cowardly' after the young woman was punched and robbed in her own home.
The woman was at home in London Road South about 4.30pm yesterday afternoon (Monday, November 22) when she answered a knock at the door.
As she opened the door a man pushed her back into the property, punched her and told her to sit down.
Three men then entered her home and searched the property. Items including a laptop computer were taken before the three left.
You may also want to watch:
The woman was left shaken and was treated at the scene by paramedics for bruising and bleeding to her nose.
The robbers are white, and were all wearing dark clothing – baseball caps, hooded tops/jackets with the hoods up over the caps and jogging bottoms. They also wore scarves partially over their faces.
- 1 RNLI called as guard vessel found aground
- 2 'I need to see a body' - Sister's torment over speedboat deaths
- 3 Joy as funding boost awarded to school creating sensory playground
- 4 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 5 Public urged to take Covid test if not feeling 100%
- 6 Boat rescued after getting into difficulty near pier
- 7 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 8 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 9 Drivers warned of disruption as work carried out on Bascule Bridge
- 10 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
Detective Inspector Darrell Skuse, who is overseeing the investigation, said: 'This was a cowardly attack on a young woman who was simply at home watching television when the offenders knocked at the door.
'Very few burglars resort to violence and we are treating this incident very seriously. We need to speak to anyone who was in London Road South between 4pm and 5pm yesterday who may have seen three men meeting this description or anyone with information about who they are.'
• If you can help please call Lowestoft CID on 01986 835300 or Crimestoppers, anonymously if required, on 0800 555 111.