Woman robbed of handbag in Lowestoft
A 64-year-old woman was robbed of her handbag on the footpath next to Lowestoft's Barnards Meadow at about 1.10pm on Monday.
The woman had been to Normanston Park with her young granddaughter and was walking along the footpath/ cycle path, about 40ft from the alleyway that leads into Fieldview Avenue, when she felt pulling on her arm.
She looked and saw a male standing next to her granddaughter and the women was then pulled by a second male.
After a brief attempt to hold onto her black leather bag, containing cash and cards, the two males snatched it from her and ran off.
The 64-year-old sustained slight pain to her arm.
You may also want to watch:
The offenders were in their mid teens to early 20s with short shaved brown hair. The first robber was 5ft 6in and of small build, while the other was 5ft 2in with smaller build than the first male and was wearing a light grey fleece top.
•Anyone with information should call DC 703 Quantrill at Lowestoft police station on 101.
- 1 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 5 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 6 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 7 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 8 Unique 'upside down' home with panoramic views is for sale
- 9 Confiscation hearing adjourned for North sea jet ski drug smugglers
- 10 Man, 45, jailed for Lowestoft burglaries